// Banshee Searching //

To say Bree was scared was definitely an understatement. She watched as Melissa waved her small flashlight in front of the dark-haired teenager's eyes, checking for signs of a concussion or anything else. Stiles eyed the woman, his finger tapping rapidly against his hand nervously while she hesitated to reach for his hand. Noticing her uncertainty, Stiles raised his hand, giving her a small nod to continue. A little more confidently, the nurse grabbed hold of his wrist, timing his pulse from her watch. It was too quiet for Bree, who leaned against the doorframe, observing the scene before her. 

After a few more seconds, Melissa let go of her hold, chuckling lightly, "Well...Medically, you seem okay. You're definitely a real person."

"Okay, so I'm real, but am I really me?" Stiles questioned as Scott walked into the room. "Is she here?"

"Yeah," Scott replied. 

Stiles nodded his head, eyeing them carefully, "Okay, let's do this."

No one said a word, only Melissa, Scott, and Bree eyed one another as Stiles spoke up, "Guys, we have to do this."

Melissa and Scott helped him up from the bed, providing him with aid down the stairs with Bree behind them, avoiding having to look Stiles in the face until they were sure. But his emotions seemed like Stiles, nonetheless, the Phoenix couldn't take that chance. 

In the center of the living room stood Kira's mom, asking the teenage boy, "Do you recognize me?"

Stiles nodded just as Kira slammed the back door, approaching her mom, begging, "Stop."

"It's okay," Stiles stated, stepping forward slowly, "I'm the one who asked her to come."

Kira argued, "You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords. Mom, don't do this to him."

"It's already done."

And with that, the Oni materialized from the dark and took hold of Stiles' head, staring deep into his eyes, trying to find the Nogitsune in him. Bree watched as Stiles' whole body shook from the temperature drop, his hands shaking sporadically. He gasped as a small sizzling noise sounded through the room and collapsed onto the floor once the Oni had finished marking him. 

"Look behind his ear," Kira's mom ordered as the Oni vanished. 

Bree was quick to kneel down beside him, checking for the mark, which was there. She sighed in relief before placing her warm hands on his face, heating him up from the cold. Stiles' brown eyes stared into hers as she removed her hands from his face and grasped onto his hands instead.

"It worked," Bree stated, taking a deep breath.

"So, I'm actually me?" he inquired. 

Kira's mom answered, "More you than Nogitsune."