// Birthday Bashes & Sunstone Rashes //

Jealousy

Jealousy...is a mental cancer.

~ B.C. Forbes

Bree was bored. Not in a "she had nothing to do" sense, but as in a "standing around, watching everyone drink beer in blue solo cups" kind of bored. Heather, the birthday girl of the evening, had asked Bree to come since the two used to be close friends when they were only children. To be quite honest, Bree didn't understand why she was invited in the first place. She and Heather hadn't been in contact much which made her suspect that her mother had put the blond birthday girl up to it as a way of forcing Bree to socialize.

"It's my birthday!" Heather cried out after she and her friends clapped the cups up in the air as a cheer, smiles, and laughter all around as loud party house music played. Bree stood next to the entrance of the house, listening in as Heather spoke with her friend, Danielle.

"You know your first time is usually sorta gross, and it kinda hurts," Danielle informed with a questioning look on her face.

Heather shook her head, replying, "That's fine with me."

"No romance? No waiting to fall in love?"

Bree rolled her eyes dramatically as soon as Heather stated, "When I fall in love, I want to be good at it."

"Lord," Danielle declared, "You at least got yourself a target of opportunity?"

Heather excitedly shouted out Stiles' name when the door opened. Stiles didn't seem to hear it though as his brown eyes found Bree leaning against the wall near the entrance in case she needed a quick escape from the madness. She offered a smirk to the spastic teen who returned it, immediately standing in front of her, stopping Heather from approaching him further as Danielle hid her laugh using the back of her hand. Huffing in frustration, Heather backed away. Scott joined Stiles and Bree, a goofy smile on his face as he viewed the room.

"How long have you been here?" Scott inquired as someone came by with a blue solo cup, their skin a ghastly pale.

Bree thought for a moment before responding, "Forty-five minutes."

"You seem done with it already," Stiles observed, his face turning to confusion, "Not a party person?"

Shaking her head, Bree commented, "Not this kind of party."

Like a puppy dog, Scott cocked his head asking, "Then why are you here?"

"Mom," Bree stated, simply rolling her eyes in annoyance before Heather returned for a second chance.

"Hey Stiles," she greeted him warmly, "Can you help me pick out a bottle of wine?"

Stiles began stuttering all over the place, as usual, his hand going to his head awkwardly, not really knowing what to do when a "sure" escaped his lips. Heather took it immediately and gripped his hand, dragging him away. Stiles' head turned back, his eyes locking with Bree's, noticing how sad they were. He silently promised that as soon as he was finished helping Heather, he would go back to Bree, and take her somewhere else.