// Real or Not Real //

Following Scott in a run, Stiles and Bree gripped tightly to each other's hands, making sure they didn't lose one another as they tried to find the McCall boy in the forest late at night. Stiles held onto the flashlight, shining the path ahead, making sure to not trip as they ran and pushed past hanging moss and tree branches. Bree could hear Stiles' heartbeat racing with her enhanced hearing, listening out for Scott's as they continued searching. 

Rounding a tree, she heard another heart pulsing quickly, running high on adrenaline. Tugging on the Stilinski kid's hand, Bree led him further into the woods, hoping she wasn't making a mistake when they quite literally ran into Scott, all three of them screaming their heads off in fear. 

"Oh," Stiles panted out once they realized.

After taking a breath or two, Bree informed Scott of what she and Stiles saw earlier, "We found something."

"So did I," Scott nodded, the tone becoming much more serious. 

Stiles' grip didn't loosen one bit on Bree's hand as the three maneuvered their way through the forest, trying to remember where they found it previously. Recalling where they were, Stiles led the other two into a small cave, shining the flashlight inside of it. Bree let go of Stiles' hand, backing up from the area as Scott and Stiles crawled inside of the lair. 

"It's a coyote den," Stiles told them.

"Werecoyote."

Edging further into the cave, Bree watched Stiles pick up a jacket, unaware of the consequences behind it as she winced. 

"You see this? This is Malia's. Remember, it's the same one she was wearing in the photo."

Scott picked up a stuffed animal, suddenly realizing something. "We shouldn't be in here."

Stiles gave him a curious look, asking, "What do you mean?"

"Because you just invaded her home," Bree sighed, standing watch outside. 

Scott nodded his head, "Bree's right. She's not going to come back now. Our scent's going to be everywhere."

"Well, if she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go?" Stiles inquired. 

"I don't know."

Stiles questioned quietly, "Can you track her now? You think you got her scent?" 

Scott sighed out, "Maybe. But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf. And I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back."  

"The door's still open," the Stilinski boy muttered. 

"If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help," Scott spoke before he realized, "This is basically a crime scene, right? I think it might be a little out of my boss's league."