// What They're Afraid Of //

Melissa McCall practically shoved Bree out of Stiles' hospital room while the Sheriff escorted the girl out the doors of the building, the two concerned for her well-being

Melissa McCall practically shoved Bree out of Stiles' hospital room while the Sheriff escorted the girl out the doors of the building, the two concerned for her well-being. If it wasn't for Scott encouraging her to head home, she would've spent the night in the parking lot. She wasn't just worried... she was terrified to leave Stiles alone. But there was something else bothering her. The fact that as she left the hospital, she suddenly had a feeling of dread and deep sadness, and she had no idea what for.

It took her too long to head back home for how early it was. In fact, when she finally arrived, she found herself unable to sleep, waiting for the sun to rise. Closing her eyes, Bree thought back to the car ride to the hospital.

Stiles was regaining color to his skin, no longer shivering from the cold. The radio softly played Frank Sinatra while Bree sped past the speed limits, closely followed by the patrol car that carried Melissa and Agent McCall. He was still wrapped up in her coat, but his attention was focused on her, whiskey-brown eyes trailing over her facial features as she hummed along to the tunes. He couldn't help the small, relieved grin, despite everything that had happened to him. He was just glad to have a familiar presence to comfort him.

Taking a deep breath, Stiles found himself holding onto her hand that sat atop the wheel, her knuckles white from gripping it too hard. The touch was soft, easing her tension while her eyes briefly glanced to his, acknowledging him. He offered a kind smile, one that would have made her feel better about the situation if she wasn't so worried about Stiles' mental well-being. The fact was that she was beyond worried about him. She had thought the door to his mind was closed by now...instead, he was still having panic attacks and high anxiety, not to mention insomnia.

It's not like she hadn't noticed when she would sleep over at his house that he didn't actually sleep. Something was wrong, she could tell. 

"Thank you," he spoke softly, his voice hoarse from the screaming he had done previously. 

Bree smiled sympathetically back, shaking her head, "It's nothing, Stiles. You had us really worried."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'm just happy you're alive and safe."

She hadn't realized she was driving with one hand on the wheel, the other completely occupied with Stiles'. The dark-haired teenager's eyebrows furrowed downward slightly, something on his mind. 

Sighing, Stiles confessed, "I dreamt about you." 

Jerking her head in his direction, Bree stared, confused by the odd admission. 

He didn't meet her eyes, instead, his focus was on massaging her fingers, continuing, "It was weeks ago when all of this started with the open door to our minds. It was a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream..."