Bad Boy- Chapter One

"My grades keep dropping," Chris sighed, holding his cigarette up to his lips, "If I don't pass Calculus and Literature, my parents will murder me."

"You better start studying then, huh?" Stone asked, leaning his back against a tree and crossing his arms.

"I'm trying. It's just hard, and I don't really understand it."

"So why not get a cheat sheet?" Kim asked. Chris took a quick drag from his cigarette, trying to hide it in case a teacher happen to walk by.

"And if I get caught cheating that's an absolute zero percent." Chris said with a small laugh.

"Dude, the school year isn't even halfway over yet. You got some time to get your grades up. Give me a puff of that cigarette real quick."

Chris handed the rest of his cigarette to Kim, who took a drag before dropping it to the ground. Just in time, too, because the bell had rang, signaling them to next class.

"You guys gonna go to prom this year?" Stone asked out of the blue.

"Ah, I doubt it." Kim said.

"I don't know yet. Are you?" Chris asked. Stone only shrugged his shoulders.

"If I can find a date, then probably."

"Like Mike McCready." Chris teased. Stone's cheeks lit up; a soft shade of red.

"Will you shut the hell up?" Stone asked, giving Chris a playful shove.

"What about Mike?" Kim asked, completely having no idea why Stone seemed so embarrassed.

"Mike has a crush on Stone, and when Mike is around him he stutters and looks down at his feet. It's so cute."

"I don't like him like that. Shut up." Stone said, having enough of the conversation. Chris chuckled.

"Adorable. But, hey, I'll catch up with you guys later. My class is upstairs." Kim said. He then departed with his two friend's.

"Good luck in your class, and remember, it's all the same stuff you've studied." Stone said, as Chris' classroom was appearing in view.

Chris took in a deep breath. "I have to pass this test. At least just to get me from an F to a D."

"You got it." Stone said, giving Chris a thumbs up as he disappeared into his classroom.

Half the class was already seated. Chris took a seat towards the back, next to the window. He pulled out a pencil that stuck in his binder and anxiously waited for the tardy bell to ring, which seemed to come sooner than Chris expected.

"Everyone take your seats, and everyone knows the drill; no talking, no cheating, and nothing on your desk besides a pencil." The teacher reminded. Chris watched as she passed out test papers, slowly making her way towards him.

As soon as the paper landed on his desk he filled out his name and date. He looked at question number one, and almost began to freak.

Just remember, Chris, this is what you studied.

Chris sighed, and began to work on his problem, until he had found an answer. He wasn't sure if he had followed the steps right, but at least he ended out with a reasonable answer.

Number two and three were a breeze, since they were both on the study guide, and he actually remembered them. He took a sigh of relief; glad that he had actually studied for the test.

Further into the test, and Chris was stuck. He looked up at the clock, seeing he had twenty more minutes, and plenty of questions left, waiting to be answered.

There was a small peck on the door. Chris looked up, finding a small distraction. The teacher stood from her seat and opened the door.

A small boy stepped inside, and he almost took Chris' breath away. He had gorgeous, long brown hair, with a pair of stunning blue eyes. He seemed to have perfectly shaped, thick lips, and a small bit of facial hair under his bottom lip. Along with an adorable nose, that fit him perfectly, just like the rest of his features.

Chris watched as the mysterious boy whisper talked to the teacher. She pointed right at Chris, making his heart race, and causing him to look back down at his test.

The boy took a seat right beside Chris, and he stayed to himself, not speaking a word to anyone, and not wanting to interrupt them from their test any further.

"This is the test, but it's okay if you don't finish it all, and if you don't understand it, you'll learn it, this will just give me kinda an idea on what you know." The teacher whispered to Eddie, sitting a test on his desk.

"Alright, I'll see what I can do." Eddie whispered back with a small chuckle. His voice almost sent a shiver down Chris' spine. It was deep, sexy, and almost mysterious all at once.

Chris tried not to get distracted any further. He quickly finished his test. The man beside him was making him feel nervous. Once he sat his test flat on his desk, along with his pencil, he took the time to take a quick glance over to the boy beside him.

The boy had noticed this, and took a quick look over at Chris. But when Chris would look back at him, he would quickly look down, and when Chris would look away, the boy would give him a quick look.

This seemed to go on for a minute, until the two actually looked at each other at the same time, and made eye contact. Chris swallowed hard, as the boy softly smiled.

"Are you finished?" He asked, in the lowest whisper.

"I think so." Chris whispered back.

"I'm Eddie." He introduced himself.

Even his name suits him, Chris thought.

"I'm Chris."

"Nice to meet you." Eddie whispered. Chris smiled.

"Nice to meet you, too, Eddie."

The bell rang, causing Chris and Eddie both to jump. Everyone stood up, taking their test to the teacher and leaving the room. As Chris was walking out, Eddie caught him.

"Can I ask a favor?" Eddie asked.

"Yeah, sure. What's up?"

"See, I'm new here, and I have no idea where I'm going. Could you just direct me to my next class? I'd appreciate it."

"Oh, of course. What is it?"

Eddie pulled out his schedule and handed it over to Chris. He quickly looked through, just seeing if the two had any classes together, which they did.

"We also have fifth and seventh period together," Chris said, "But your next class is just down the hall, on the right side, four rooms down."

"Thanks so much. I'll see you during fifth then." Eddie said. He took his schedule back before disappearing down the hallway. Chris stood there for a moment, watching him, until he began to drag to his next class.