Side Chapter: Chaotic Blood and Red Web

Start from the beginning

Chaos: Here it is!

Blake's head shot up at speeds which would make a bullet look like a snail. She noticed how her breathing was a little heavier. And did it suddenly get hot all of a sudden? Just a moment ago the air conditioner was working fine...She focused back onto her surroundings. She saw Tukson with a worried expression on her face and a curious expression on Chaos's.

Chaos: Right...anyway, that'll be 35 Lien.

She quickly put the money on the counter and took the book.

Blake: Keep the change.

Refusing to let anything or anyone delay her, she speed walked out the door.

Chaos: Judging from her spacing out, sudden sweat despite functional air conditioning, and reaction time similar to that of one with paranoia, I'd say she went through some type of experience?

The shocked expression on Tukson's face wasn't even needed to show how right he was on the money.

Chaos: I'm a very observant individual, Tukson. If there's one thing I enjoy, it's strategy. And in order to make good tactics, you need to be good at reading people. Their emotions, their body language, the way they act around certain things or people. This is an essential quality in strategy, because then you can predict what your opponent might do before they even think of doing it.

Tukson: *sighs* You know, you remind me of someone. An old ally, you could say.

Chaos: Oh? Pray tell. Although if this is something too personal, I would hate to intrude.

Tukson: I will admit that it is kinda personal. I just wanted to point out that you reminded me of someone. He was pretty good at fighting and reading people. Only difference is that he was...somewhat extreme. That's...all I want to get into.

The tactician was a little upset that his boss wouldn't share more, but in the end respected his privacy.

Tukson: In any case, we should try something, one last hurrah. I'm thinking of moving to Vacuo in a couple of months.

Chaos: Well, we could try having a book sale on comic books, history books and novels. I've noticed those being most of our sales over the past few weeks. No, actually, those have been our only sales recently.

Tukson: Hmmmmm...That's not a bad idea. Good thinking, Chaos. I'm gonna get started on the banner and signs in a couple of days.

Chaos: And I shall do my best to assist. My friend Gordeau is pretty knowledgeable in style, so maybe he could help. Although, is it alright if I borrow the second floor for a couple of hours?

Tukson: Sure thing. Use it as long as you need to. I'm gonna head out and bring us some food. In the meantime, I'm gonna close the shop. I'm sure you'd appreciate the break.

Chaos: Yes, thank you.

The bookstore owner went to flip the sign from "Open" to "Closed", and then headed out. With the place to himself, he walked to the second floor and locked himself in. He pulled out the Chaos Code from his sweater pocket, as well as a notebook.

Chaos: Now, I am not sure of what I might face in this unique world. To be a little better prepared, I should try and see if I can find a way to maintain Azhi Dahaka out even with the Chaos Code closed. Also, I should practice my hand to hand skills. Even with my supposedly "impressive" skills in boxing and kickboxing, I'm still very vulnerable without Azhi Dahaka. Not to mention that I'm not that good of a fighter. I should start going on a regular training regimen in both my mind and body. Some meditation to see if that improves my concentration with the Chaos Code, and some parkour to keep my body in shape. A good tactician must be strong in both body and mind, should he ever get caught in the fray.