✧ Prologue ✧

Jessica Lynne Martin was not her sister

Yes, they shared the same features and book smarts, but their personalities were anything but similar.

The elder strawberry blonde, Jessica, was very introverted, kept quiet for the most part and only had a few friends. The younger twin by twelve minutes, Lydia, was popular, loved by everyone more- even the Martin twins parents- and loved the spot light.

Jessica hated living under her younger sister's shadow- which is why whenever she could get away, she would. In fact, for this reason, Jessica didn't even technically live under the Martin household.

Something her family hadn't noticed for three months.

She lived out back in the pool house, the quaint four hundred square foot, plant infested room being her secret hide-away where she would also run away from at times. Jessica practically lived in the forest behind her house, feeling as though it was her safe place and that the trees whispers from the wind seemed to calm her down.

Her love for nature and everything in it is what prompted her to become a green witch. Jessica found herself working with the elements more than she already had been, forming what she could only call a deeper connection to all things green, the local land spirits, and herself.

Being in the forest is where she could be  herself- something she had to hide ninety-nine percent of the time, even in front of her two best friends she had met at the mere age of eight.

Jessica had been born with something many Martin's had before her. The ability to manipulate the elements.

The Martin family kept the secret just that. A secret. The elder would teach the new child with abilities how to control it, your emotions being the key to sudden outbursts resulting in things such as violent earthquakes.

No one was allowed to know, it being told generation after generation that it was something only the elders who possessed the powers discussed. Which is why when Jessica's eyes glowed a bright green at the age of four when she suddenly revived a dead flower, Lydia was instantly intrigued.

Their grandma, the previous elder of the family possessing these powers, told her she had imagined things and that nothing was happening to her older sister. Something Jessica knew wasn't true.

The lie was inevitably the start of the Martin twins demise.

Jessica loved her sister to death and would do anything to protect her, which meant that she stayed on the sidelines. The strawberry blonde was scared of the power her possessed, the glow of her hands and eyes and she didn't want Lydia scared of her too.

She practically hated herself- knowing she was a monster that could cause chaos and mass destruction to all around her.

The only people who truly helped her not feel this way were two boys. Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski.

The two best friends quickly took the girl under their wing, Scott seeing the girl as a sister and Stiles...

Well the boy didn't know where he stood with Jessica.

Stiles had been in love with Jessica since the third grade when he found her under a tree, talking to the flowers that had been under it. He didn't understand what he had been feeling and with that, he masked them by doing the worst thing.

He started saying it was Lydia he was in love with.

Soon, he began to accept his lie, even believing himself that he was in love with the younger twin. But he couldn't stop his heart from fluttering every time he heard Jessica laugh or smile, something that were both quite uncommon.

His inward battle was ultraviolent, but little did he know, Jessica's was the exact same.

AN: A little side note is that Jessica's eyes glow different colors depending on what element she uses. Earth is green, water is blue, fire is red and air is a grey color.

Here's a visual: