{42} EVERYTHING IS RESOLVED AND ANNABETH AND I TAKE AN UNEXPECTED DIP {42}

Start from the beginning

Before I could process anything, those sweet, smooth lips of hers were pressed against mine for the second time in my life and I couldn't have been happier. I realized that nothing in the world felt like a nice kiss with the girl of my dreams.

Unlike our previous kiss, this one was not a momentary meeting of lips, a peck if you will. It was more of a hug, or even a dance, as cheesy as it sounds. Her lips were moving ever so slowly against mine, and I was reciprocating the movements straight back.

After a long moment, although not quite long enough for my taste, Annabeth pulled away with a bright grin gracing those amazing lips of hers.

I blinked a few times, a dazed yet happy expression adorning my face. "Uh - duh - mmm," I stuttered out.

She laughed and cupped my cheek, brushing her thumb against my cheekbone. "You're such a goof," she teased.

I blushed, smiling sheepishly. "So, do you want to...you know..."

Annabeth raised an eyebrow, still only a few inches separating our faces. "Do I want to what? Come on now."

I bit my lip. "I would really appreciate if you were a little more giving," I joked. "What I'm saying is - "

Before I could continue, a familiar voice barked out a laugh. "Look at this, little Prissy is making a fool of himself."

I turned and saw a few of our friends, including Clarisse, Silena, Beckondorf, Grover, Juniper, Rachel, and Calypso, as well as the Stolls. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked, a little upset but also grateful for a moment to think.

"I called your house," Grover said. "I was planning to hang out with you and Annabeth now that you're back, but your mom said you were out. I came with Juniper and Rachel to the pizza place, but Clarisse said you guys headed this way. Silena and Beckondorf were there too. We ran into the Stolls and Caly along the way."

I resisted the urge to groan out of frustration.

"Looks like the lovebirds need to cool off," Clarisse said with glee.

"The pond!" Connor Stoll shouted.

They managed to get us standing up and we were caught in a wave of teenagers. I was suddenly lifted up onto the shoulders of one of the Stolls - Travis? - and Beckondorf. Annabeth was on my left, held by Clarisse and Rachel. We were close enough to hold hands, so we did as we were carried down the path to the water. I was blushing and laughing a lot, as was Annabeth. Even as we were dumped into the water we were holding hands, and we were still clutching on to each other as we swam up for air.

The swarm of our friends had conveniently left just as we were able to chase after them, so instead of finding, them Annabeth and I decided to head back to my place to dry off.

All the while back, Annabeth and I were holding hands. My cheeks were still tinted red and a permanent grin was etched into my lips. I hadn't been that happy in a very long time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we walked up the stairs to my apartment, still sopping wet, I suddenly remembered that I hadn't brought my keys with me. Hopefully my mom was still home and not busy.

I knocked on the door, sending a bashful glance in response to Annabeth's inquisitive stare. "I forgot my keys," I explained.

She nodded, a small smile gracing her lips. Her lips. Man, I really had to stop looking at them. Annabeth noticed my line of sight and laughed under her breath. My cheeks burned a little red, but before I could attempt to clarify my actions, she rose onto her tip toes and pressed her lips against mine.