P R E C E D E N T

Getting the tree bundled takes forever thanks to the amount of people waiting in line, and Roberta can feel her patience slipping. Camila goes off to get hot chocolate from one of the little stands that are scattered by the entrance of the Christmas tree farm, and that leaved Roberta alone in line for a few minutes.

She occupies herself with her phone and glances periodically to see if the line has moved up. She's nearing the front when she glances over her shoulder, her eyes inadvertently seeking Camila out. Roberta has been doing that a lot lately, always looking over her shoulder to see if Camila is okay. Usually she doesn't even realize she's doing it until after the fact.

She spots Camila standing near one of the stands that sells hot chocolate, and she does a double take at the girl she recently dated.

"Are you alright?" The question leaves Roberta's lips the second Camila sidles up beside her. She is sipping on her hot chocolate leisurely, as if nothing is out of the ordinary.

"Yeah, do you want some?" Camila offers. Roberta takes the offered cup and hesitates for a moment when she sees Camila's bright red lipstick stain on the rim.

"I don't have cooties" Camila teases lightly. Roberta rolls her eyes but lifts the cup to her lips, ignoring the fluttering in her stomach as she does so. It's probably the closest thing to a kiss she'll every get from the brunette.

When they get back to Camila's place and hour later, there is a large Christmas tree strapped to the top of Roberta's car. Roberta carries it into Camila's house while the brunette holds the front door open for her. Roberta and Camila start to bring in the rest of the day's purchases. Strands of lights, ornaments, candy canes, and anything else that could possibly go on a Christmas tree.

Camila puts music on while Roberta starts to set the tree up, and Roberta laughs when she hears the holiday themed music starts to play. It ends up turning into a huge decorating ordeal, with Camila and Roberta racing to see who could put more ornaments on in a span of two minutes.

Camila wins, and Roberta has to deal with a few minutes of taunting while she hangs her head in defeat. They work together to put the candy canes on, and Roberta listen as Camila sing along to the song playing on the radio. It's the first time she's heard Camila sing anything, and she's genuinely surprised at how good it is

Camila is spreading out the candy canes to make sure they're evenly distributed around the tree, and singing like an angel as she does so. As if Roberta needed another reason to love her.

"I don't know you could sing" Roberta says, peeking around her side of the tree to look at Camila.

"I can't" Camila shrugs as she reaches up and places a candy cane near the top of the tree, Roberta laughs, thinking that Camila is joking, but stops when she realizes that the brunette is very serious.

"Wait, you're serious? Do you hear yourself?"

"I mean, I'm not horrible but I wouldn't make it my day job. I'm more of a shower singer"

"You're beautiful" Roberta realizes her slip the second the words leave her mouth, and she quickly tries to fix it. "Like...your voice. Is beautiful. I mean you are too but I just...shit, never mind"

Camila is looking at her with raised eyebrows and a little grin, and Roberta awkwardly runs a hand through her tousled hair. She's gotten better at being less awkward around Camila but sometimes she still says some mortifying things, and she still falls flat on her face in front of the girl on a consistent basis.

"Thank you" Camila spares her by just leaving it at that, and Roberta takes a deep breath and goes back to decorating her side of the tree. A silence falls over them, with nothing but the sound of Christmas music filling it. Roberta is almost finished with her side of the tree when she hears Camila clears her throat subtly.