Ten

Since the murder of Aslaug, Kattegat had become reinforced, surrounded by long, upward stretches of wood. Thusly, the sons of Ragnar were stuck in their hunting cabin, Alexys pacing on the front porch, her mind deeply set on Ragnar's revenge. Tensions were arising in the silence as the brothers were confined, Sigurd whittling with a knife and standing half in the mid-day sun.

"That is my knife," Ivar spoke, his voice slicing through the silence and calling the pair on the outer parts of the building to migrate inside. As they did such, the crippled son of Ragnar repeated his previous claim, much more forcefully, "That is my knife."

"No, it is not," Sigurd replied calmly.

The dark haired of the pair reached his hand out, "Give it to me."

Alexys eyed the pair, sharing a glance with Ubbe, who had become her confidant and good friend, a knowing look upon his face. The eldest of Aslaug's sons was seated at the long table that stretched a distance enough for eight or more people, his feet kicked up comfortably. He could foresee the oncoming fight, without the powers of clairvoyance and she circled the brothers, landing beside Ubbe and watching from a safe distance. It would not be the first of their many fights, nor would it be the last, it seemed.

"You're crazy," exclaimed Sigurd, "It's not your knife. Father gave me this knife."

"I want it," Ivar demanded and lowered himself onto the floor.

"Ivar," sighed the blonde female.

"I will kill Lagertha with it. I will kill Lagertha with father's knife!" continued Ivar with a wave of his hand.

"Well you cannot have it," Sigurd replied.

"That's enough," stated Ubbe.

Ignorant to his brother's speech, Ivar swept the stool from under Sigurd. Though she quite frankly believed that Sigurd deserved it, but she had also grown terribly tired of the constant bickering. Her jaw clenched and her hand curled into a tight fist, which she drove into the table and bellowed:

"ENOUGH!"

A thunder clap followed and rattled the ground, the brothers halting in the midst of their wrestling. Ubbe took a long, slow drink of his ale and allowed a glance to Alexys, the two looking mutually disgruntled. He stood then, hoisting Sigurd to his feet and nudging Ivar back onto his seat, Alexys allowing a low sigh as she took a seat at the bench, pouring herself a drink. The blonde haired young man was rather indignant when his brother gave him instruction, crying aloud:

"As usual you must tell us how to behave!"

"Who else would do it?" reminded Ubbe as he took a seat, upturning the stool on which Sigurd had previously sat, "I wish Bjorn were here."