Ch. 61 - Midnight

Start from the beginning

Within a matter of seconds, our kiss got deeper and more and more passionate. I lost track of time and focused on this very moment, the sound of the waves crashing along the shore was the only source of noise surrounding us. The moonlight showering us with its warmth among the cold night.

After a while, Justin pulled away and, without a warning, he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me on top of him. I let out a squeal before landing on his cozy body and I heard him let out a laugh that rang like music in my ears. He wrapped his arms around me and laid a hand on the back of my head, pulling me down into a hug. My left cheek was now pressed against his neck as he rested his chin on the top of my head. I could feel him stroking my hair lovingly as I realized I wanted to stay like this, in his arms, forever.

“How do you feel about a midnight swim?” he whispered in my ear. I nuzzled my nose against his neck and placed a kiss on his skin.

“Right now?” I could feel a smile forming on my face.

“Right now,” he clarified.

It was silent for a moment before I pulled away from his hug and suddenly stood up. Without so much as a warning, I began sprinting towards the ocean.

“Race you there!” I shouted back at him, laughing at his confused reaction.

“Heey!” I heard him shout from behind me. “That’s so not faaaiir!”

I merely laughed again and continued to run. Within a few seconds, I reached the water and I felt waves crashing against my legs. As I was turning around to see where Justin now was, I let out a scream when arms wrapped around me and I was swung over someone’s shoulder.

“Gotcha!” Justin smirked, spinning me around.

“Justin!” I shouted while laughing, holding on to the back of his shirt, which was now wet with water.

“Thought I couldn’t catch up, didn’t you?” he teased. I squirmed away from his grip and splashed water towards his face. He took his revenge by wrapping his arms around me and we both fell down on the sand, where the waves were mildly crashing down upon us.

Before I could scold him, his lips were suddenly against mine, shutting me up instantly. My eyes widened as I couldn’t help but feel even more butterflies inside my stomach. Just then, another wave washed over us and we both yelled and laughed about how cold the water felt.

The night went on as we played along the shore, occasionally going further into the ocean and splashing water on each other. At one point, we pretended there was romantic music and we began dancing as Justin twirled me around and sneaked a few kisses here and there. I lost count on the amount of times we laughed and teased each other. I could honestly say it was, hands down, the best night of my life.

After our date was over, Justin gave me a piggy-back ride all the way back to the car. I teased him about how he was my “sexy horsey” and we talked and laughed about the night we just spent together. I rested my head against his shoulder and he turned his head and kissed my nose.