~ch:11~

*Stella’s p.o.v:*

It’s my first night in here. Uncle Richard had already left leaving Nina to sleepover with me. My mom said we were friends before we knew that we’re going to be relatives and suddenly when we knew about it we started to act as strangers and that we have to break the ice between us, so I agreed with her.

I lay on my back on my squeaky bed starring at the light green painted ceiling, while Nina is sitting on the computer chair. We stayed like that for about 15 minutes until my mom’s voice is heard from downstairs.

“Stella, get your lazy feet down here to take your suitcase and unpack it.” I jumped from my bed huffing at her order while I excused Nina and headed to bring them.

Once I entered my room holding my suitcase, I found Nina searching in my wooden box. Anger raise into my cheeks and eyes making me wanna hit her in the face, but I balled my fists tightly on my sides releasing all the anger into them.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I snapped making her gasp.

“Nothing, I found it and I felt curious then I opened it just to see what is in it.” She explained innocently. I just nodded and pulled it out of her reach.

“Where did you find it?” I asked her not remembering whether I put it in my drawer or just left it here.

“I found it under your bed. My earring fell and I knelt down to grab it when I saw the box. Sorry if that bothers you.”

Absolutely it bothers me.

I said in my mind rolling my eyes at her and crossing the room silently to start unpacking my stuff. She approached me starring at my clothes with amusement filling her piercing eyes.

“I kind of like your taste of fashion.” She remarked taking my blue fluffy summer dress. It was the dress I was planning to wear on my mom’s bachelor party as she told me that her friends insisted on making her one.

“Thank you I guess! I am wearing it on my mom’s bachelor party on Thursday.” She nodded while I hang it in the closet with the rest of my clothes.

I remembered when I was packing ready to leave Miami, my friends here and most importantly my mom to go to NY. My mom’s eyes were red and puffy from crying like all night and I was just excited about moving but not ready to leave my mother’s embrace. It was calm and warm, I wasn’t used to sleep without her night kiss and I wasn’t ready to walk through fights without taking her advices in every step I take. I remembered when we used to go every Sunday to my aunt’s- my mom’s sister- house to visit her and when mom puts her closet and wears her six inch heels just to brag with the channel heels and the matching purse. How her hair fell in perfect curls down her shoulders leaving strands of gold spread everywhere on her chest and shoulders. I laughed at the silly memory of how my mom used to laugh and take care of her look before I left her alone, but now she has a partner who she will dress for and brag in front of, Uncle Richard will absolutely give her happiness.

‘One Direction’s’ song snapped me out of my deep memories indicating that my phone is ringing. The caller’s ID reads ‘Noah’. I smiled and answered.