~ch:1~

Wearing my skinny dark red jeans, putting my white shirt on, sliding the apron and tying my white converse... By that i am ready for my work shift at Stars Café. New York is a really big city and the private schools in here cost a fortune, in addition to the fact that my family is not from the families who have loads of dollars, so perhaps i should be independent a little and help my family-or my mother since my father is missing from my life and i don't know a single shit about him.

Noah works with me also at the same café. He is my roommate, oh and not only that- he is also my childhood friend and brother who i don't actually or biologically have.

I pulled my hair up in a ponytail and put my red bow tie, so by that i guess i'm ready for my long night shift. I took my purse and my phone. Noah is banging on my door as if he's gonna take it off although I'm only 5 minutes late.

"Stella you're not going to a party little princess...." I rolled my eyes as i walked past him to the door. I tossed the keys to Noah because he always forgets them and we end up stuck outside our little dorm and banging on the janitor's door at midnight to give us keys- spare ones.

As we walked down the crowded city streets, watching carefully the towering buildings how they lit up leading the city to shine in the dark night sky, an awkward silence was roaming between us and it's too strange because since the day we've met- that day is in the hospital when we were born cause we were born at the same room and at the exact date- we used to talk briefly to each other.

"Stell, are you here or the lover boy is taking your mind?" He waved his hands in front of my eyes snatching me from my deep thoughts.

"Yeah jerk, i'm here besides FYI, you know exactly that there's no lover boy who is occupying my little mind. Besides, i was thinking about my mother and what she is doing. You know she hasn't talked to me since forever. The last we had spoken to each other was at the airport where she was kissing me goodbye." I let go a breath i didn't know i was holding. How could she not ask about me and what i am doing especially in a big city as New York, you know right? She must at least ask about me.

I couldn't help myself but pull my phone out of my purse and dial her number. One peep.... Two peeps..... Three..... And that's the fourth. That's creepy!!!! It's 8:00 p.m, she couldn't be asleep, specially that NY and Miami have the exact time interval. I kept trying again and again and again until i found myself landing in front of the café's door with concern in Noah's eyes.

"What's wrong? You aren't okay today." He asked as we entered the half full café. "Well you know she maybe busy with something. Huh??"

"What is that 'something' which can keep her months without calling her daughter?!!" I added air quotations around the word "something" to add more drama.

"Ehmm. I-I don't know...." He bit on the inner side of his cheeks- a gesture that he is anxious or hiding something.

"Noah, i know that exact look. What are you damn hiding?" I just wanted to suffocate him till he's head flies.

"Uhmmm.... Just a little itsy bitsy thing... Your mum-"

"What is it??? Talk now before i hit you where the sun doesn't shine." As i finished, i was surprised by the horrified look on his face. Seconds later, i realized that his scared expression wasn't because of my threaten .As i turned to look where he was looking. My gaze met with- the witch- my boss. She is in her 30s with a brown hair and lips stuffed with Botox and other stuff.

"Sooo, apparently you can't see that the café is full and you are chit chatting with him plus talking rude words!!" Holding her finger in the air that i wanna snatch from its place and pointing to us as we stood at the edge of laughing at her silly remark.

Hours passed as minutes because we were so busy handing food, caffe and taking them plus cleaning. This night was too full of work and it's already 11:00 p.m. One last table is still occupied with a family of a father, a boy, a girl and a mother as it seems. The only thing that took my attention was the mother with her blonde pixie hair as my mother's. I guess i found her-my mum- but what is she doing here in NY and with strange poeple. I approached this table to take a close look to the woman sitting there.

"Stella, let's go." Oh crap!!!! Noah it's not the right time.

"Comin'." I went to get my stuff but this woman was still clouding my mind. I mean this couldn't be HER! It's just my brain making all this up maybe i'm too way tired.

"Uhmm, 1 day until school i guess, aren't you excited to graduate?" Noah finally spoke as we passed half the way to our dorm.

"I guess i'm scared and anxious more than excited. You know, graduating from high school and going to college is a bit confusing. What 'bout you?"

"Yes absolutely." He gave me that comfy relaxing smile. "Stell i would never wish to be parted from you."

"Me neither." By that my day ended with tiredness, stress, anxiety and love. That kind of love that is so unique and is the fuel that can set fire to your soul.

______________________

24 hours are separating me from my new school, new experience 'bout being in school for the last year of your life but don't worry, this year is at its beginning. Loads of fun, hate, love, tiredness, stupidity, sadness and much more are transported by this year to be introduced into my miserable life.

And like that I spent my day over thinking about tomorrow, about my future, about my mother and about what surprises will this year carry for me.

-------------------->

plzzzzz vote and comment. i hope you like it and give me your opinion in the comments. i accept criticism. luv ya my readers <3