Chapter 35: soon.

Start from the beginning

Of course, he's gone.

Why would he be here in his place of work?

Why am I still here in this dungeon?

I groaned. This will be a long journey home. Walking home and being alone.

For an hour too.

I hate this place. Many disappointments. Plus it's freezing! But it's almost Christmas! Ugh contradictory.

I walked to the front of the building exiting seeing people there. I'm just trying to leave. I wanted to say as security eyed me weird.

I shook my head walking this very, very long walk.

The outside air hit my face. I felt like a popsicle. Oh well, let's just take it in I'm going to have to anyway.

I was staring at nature. Getting in touch with it as no one ever did anymore. No one cares about anyone especially my family. Definitely not me.

I was staring at the leaves changing colors, plants autumn was basically over, but the leaves still were on the trees.

Part of me wanted to embrace nature. Feel calm and not have to worry about things. Another part of me wanted to see the guy; confront him.

I just wanted to give his gloves back.

I continued walking I can say I wasn't paying attention staring at either the trees, my phone, the traffic or just the crossing guards.

The dogs that would be walking with their owners or even the stray cats to be graced with your presence once and awhile--

"Hey watch out!" I turned my head seeing a bike coming right at me.

I'm screwed.

I fell to the ground as the uncontrolled bike hit the side of my body. Ouch. I didn't realize the guy fell off.

Halfway into the street.

With a huge truck coming towards his direction. Oh my god.

"Get up get up!" I screamed. I dropped my book bag grabbing him by his coat dragging him with as much force off the street.

Pushing his other half onto the sidewalk. At least the part of him that was in the street.

I bent down coughing.

What an adrenaline rush. The wind blowing my hair as the truck rammed through the road full speed.

The truck passed as quickly as I saw it coming.

The guy was rubbing his head, eyes shut. Immediately I blinked my eyes rapidly. Thank god he isn't dead. Thank God for my instincts. I wouldn't wanna see him dead and I could have done something.

I was bent down above him seeing debris and other miscellaneous in his hair on his face I rubbed it off. Tilting my head.

"Are you okay? Do you need me to call anyone? Should I call an ambulance?" I asked frantically. He wasn't opening his eyes.

"Can you hear me, Sir?" I asked waiting for a response. Oh god. Is he okay?  He didn't get hit with the truck! He must've hit his head hard, however.

I grabbed my phone from my coat pocket.

"No! D-don't call anyone I am good." He let out suddenly. I jumped seeing his eyes wide opened he stopped my hands from dialing 911. I looked up from my phone to his face.

He looked like he was in pain.

"You're not good! You are in some serious pain," I stated. He looked up barely. Before shutting his eyes again.