Chapter 19

** GHOST POV **

I walked into the penitentiary, my earpiece placed discretely in my ear, as I scanned the identification card on the scanner. It beeped loudly as the light beneath the card turned green, earning me a nod from the security guard and the door to open.

"I'm in." I whispered when I was out of earshot from the guard. I walked through the door to see two stories lined with cells. There was a concrete path that went through the middle, and had cells filled with prisoners on both sides of it. The sounds of prisoners screaming, chanting, and yelling filled the air as I starting walking down the pathway.

"Fox. What cell." I said as my eyes scanned the area. Thanks to my photographic memory, I already memorized the entire floorpan of the prison.

"1032." Fox said immediately in my ear piece.

I quickly made my way down the walkway, nodding at other guards as I passed them until I stood in front of cell 1032. There were two other men inside the cell, both extremely muscular, and their eyes were locked on me. Their biceps were the size of my face, and tattoos covered their bodies. One even had a tattoo of a gun on his right cheek.

I looked over to see Axel sleeping soundly in a bed in the corner. I grabbed the baton on my belt, and slammed it against the steel of the cell wall repeatedly until he jolted out of bed.

"Such a pretty guard." One of the muscular men said slowly with an evil smile.

"It's been a few years since I've been with a woman." The other said as he looked me up and down.

"Oh Ghost, please tell me you're going to kill those fuckers." Damon said through my earpiece, the edge in his voice making me smirk slightly.

"Axel Thorn?" I said as I started to reach for my keys, ignoring the vulgar comments from the other inmates.

"You... Do I know you?" He said with his eyebrows furrowed and his voice laced with confusion.

"No." I said calmly as I put the key into the lock with one hand, and grabbed my knife tightly in the other.

I turned the key and and quickly lunged inside, I stabbed one of the men in the throat, making him fall to the floor gasping while trying to stop the bleeding. The other man threw a punch at me, which I ducked and avoided. I swung the blade across his stomach, cutting it open before I reached up and stuck the knife into the side of his throat. As his lifeless body fell, I pulled my blade out of his neck before his body hit the ground.

"Your mother sent me." I said calmly as I put my blade back into its holster.

"How do I know you're not lying? I haven't -" He said quickly, still looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed as before I cut him off. I let out a groan of frustration while he was talking before I quickly stepped towards him, gripped his neck, and slammed him into the wall.

"Listen here you little brat. You have two options: Die in this fucking cell, or come with me. You choice." I said in a deadly tone as I tightened the grip around his neck.

"Thorn said to return her son back to her unharmed, Ghost." Fox said calmly through my earpiece. I scoffed, knowing that she was watching me through the cameras.

"Okay, okay!" He breathed before I released my grip on his neck.

"Follow my every order, and keep up." I said coldly as I started to make my way over to the entrance of the cell. Axel quickly followed, staying close behind me.

"Got the target. Open up the cells once I'm near the exit." I said in my ear piece as I grabbed my baton.

"Opening in 3...2....1." She said. I picked up my pace, and reached the end of the pathway as soon as her countdown was completed, all of the cells in the prison opened up, and the inmates ran chaotically out of them.