Chapter 8 : TRUST

Start from the beginning

The path on the second floor are so shiny from being polished. The carved wooden door I see close by belongs to Phun’s room. I walk straight to it then I stop right in front and think.

I should just barge in! I got this far already. I turn the door knob and enter. Did you expect me to knock first? Keep on dreaming.

“Yo, Phun!” I say loudly, being completely inconsiderate (and without any manners). But I shut myself up when I see the person I just called sleeping soundly on the bed looking exhausted.

Whoa, his entire body is red like steamed crabs (I’m hungry). So it turns out I was right after all.

I leave my school bag near the door and quickly walk up to check on him.

Phun’s skin is normally very light with a shade of yellow mixed in. But now his skin is light red, like when people get rashes from allergies. They look like the stuff I have on my arm when I woke up this morning. However, they don’t only appear on Phun’s arm but his entire body. It looks incredibly scary and painful.

It’s pretty obvious whose fault this is. I made the right choice stopping by before school.

Because if I ended up finding about this later on, I’d probably hate myself.

“Your skin is easily irritated but you insisted on being stupid and played around.” I complain to myself quietly as I sit by his bed. I glance over and see allergy medicine packs that were opened and a bottle of water. I guess he already took them. That’s better than nothing.

“You were the one who poured the shampoo on me.” Oh, he’s not asleep?! This ########## is such a smart ##########.

“You weren’t asleep? Why’d you pretend to look like you were dead?” I complain while I raise my hand to hit him. But I feel sorry for the guy so I stop. The red-looking patient still has the energy to give me a smile in return.

“It’s nice of you to come visit.” Hilarious!

“No…I only came over to get my watch.” “He laughs at my dumb respond. Whatever, I’ll let him off this time. “So did you take your medicine?” I sneakily try to ask how he’s doing.

“Your watch is over there, you should head to school now.” He’s all sickly yet he still has the nerves to get smart with me. ########## Phun.

I narrow my eyes and stare at him. I convince myself not to injure an already sick person then I walk over to grab my watch on the dressing table. Instead of leaving, I sit down on the long sofa in his room. “Nope, I don’t feel like it. I’m just gonna hang out at your house instead.”

I can hear his chuckles. It bugs me. You know, I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for the fact that you’re like this because of me.

“So how are you doing? Is it hurting anywhere?” I stop beating around the bush and ask him how he’s doing. The patient mumbles something with his eyes closed.

“Just itchy. What about your arm?” Oh, he noticed the red marks on my arm? I take a look at it and shrug.

“It’s okay, only a little itchy.”

“P’Ken might kick your ########## if you do that, I heard he’s quite possessive of her.”* This ##########.

“ ##########.” I always speak my mind when it comes to insulting someone.

“Haha, use some of this. It helps a lot.” He waves his fingers lazily and points to an area near his bed while keeping his eyes closed. I follow his fingers and see a tube of allergy medication so I walk over to grab it to put some on my arm.