CHAPTER 15 (She's gone)

“So Miranda, kelan naman ang kasalan niyo ni Christian? I bet malapit na!” Nagpatuloy an gaming pag-uusap. It seems I’m enjoying myself whenever I talk to her. Mabait naman kasi siya, not like those girls na typical sa isang babasahin o soap opera. She’s nice and she screams pure innocence kahit na seven years ang agwat naming dalawa.

“I still don’t know pa, Alyssa. If ever naman na makapag-usap na kami nila daddy and his family, siguro okay na.” Then she shyly smiled again. Mararamdaman mo naman sa isang tao kung fake sila, and she’s not. She’s very transparent at gusto ko ang taong ganyan.

“You know Alyssa, I like your hair. Noong unang kita ko sayo, I was about to say that pero nahihiya ako. Baka isipin mong feeling close ako or whatsoever eh.” Natawa ako at nakita kong genuine ang pagkahiya niya. I am beginning to like her.

“My hair is naturally brown and kind of curly. My father had a Spanish decent so ayun, doon namin nakuha ng kuya ko ang ganitong buhok.” Hinawakan niya ito at mukhang natutuwa siya. She’s envious of my hair, while I’m envious of her boyfriend.

“Wow, ako kailangan ko pa magpasalon to get that hair color, pero ikaw normal lang. You’re such a beautiful, young woman Alyssa. Kapag nakikita kita, it’s like I miss my youth.” Then she began giggling and I find it really refreshing.

“Ganun? Super stressed na kaya ako! Like my eyes are always friends with dark circles. Ang daming trabaho and take note, iisang taon pa lang bago ako gumraduate ng college niyan.” Then she giggled again. It’s like she’s becoming a friend. Kung sana lang hindi ka napunta kay Christian, malamang kaibigan na kita.

I am not a friendly person, that’s why I don’t have many friends.

But, I need to stay away from him.

“But you’re doing a great job, Alyssa. It’s hard raising this kind of business at competitive. You manage to make it pretty well, so that makes you awesome.” I am definitely flattered right now. How could I hate this girl for being too kind? She’s beautiful, kind and warm.

I am nothing like her. Deep down inside, I am rotten by jealousy, envy, anger and hatred.

“Thank you. I’m flattered and I really hope we can be good friends.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-

I dialed Althea Marie’s number. I need to hear her quirky voice.

“Hi, thea!” I greeted here.

“What is it, sweetie? Is it about your gown? Damn may fitting nga pala tayo next week so cancel all your appointments on Wednesday, okay?”

“Of course! Ikaw pa!”

“Aly, don’t ever dare to forget that or ipapakaladkad kita sa bestfriend mong nagngangalang Engr. Christian Alexis Falcon! He’s happy to annoy you.”

“A-ah… no need for him to drag me there. I’m actually marking my schedule now to make sure I’ll be there. Don’t worry.”

“Okay, by the way nga pala, why did you call?”

“I’ll just miss your voice, Thea. Madaming work… at super stressed na ako.” A tear escaped my eye. I can’t imagine myself parting from her and breaking a promise. I’m breaking my promise, and I hope you can forgive me. I hope you forgive my selfishness and serious insanity, Althea Marie.

“Wag pakapagod. You’re not really used to being tired kasi nga hindi ka athletic at iwasan mo na magheels. It adds more stress to your body. I hate the feeling whenever I wear heels.”

“Opo ma’am.”

“Good!”

“Always remember that we’re friends and that’s never going to change. You’re my best friend and you know that. You know that I wasn’t the friendliest person around and I can count my true friends using my right hand, correct? That means you’re special for me, Althea Marie.” I am trying to hold in my tears, for her not hear me cry. I am trying my best but tears flood my eyes and… I let them fall.