Chapter Two ~ Back Again

Comincia dall'inizio

“Thank you,” said Adalyn “the eyes I can’t take credit for.”

“They’re remarkable.” He said, still a little distant “Are you…are you sure she’s mine?”

Adalyn’s grey eyes flashed with the same anger they had years ago and Harry flinched “Of course! Who else has eyes like these, anyway?”

“My mother,” said Harry “She has my mother’s eyes.”

“Your eyes,” she said, smiling softly at the baby she held close in a protective embrace “I was thinking of naming her Lily, but I decided not to.”

“Why?”

“You can name your first real daughter after your mother; I named my daughter after my own. Her full name is Syrius Lucinda Black.”

“Lucinda? After your mother?”

Adalyn nodded “Anyway, I wanted Syrie to meet her Daddy. Syrie?” she said softly “This is you’re Daddy, his name is Harry.”

“Syrie knows,” whispered Syrie, her thumb inches from her little red lips.

“What do you know?” asked Adalyn, brushing the black curls from her daughters face.

“Syrie Daddy,” Syrie said, wriggling and pointing at Harry “Syrie know.” Adalyn set her down since she was wriggling so much and the little girls closed the gap between her and her Daddy and raised her arms up at Harry.

“Syrie,” said Adalyn sadly “Daddy may not want to hold you.”

“Why wouldn’t I?” asked Harry sharply, reaching down for the little girl and taking her in his arms “She’s my daughter.” Syrie wrapped her arms around Harry’s neck and smiled.

“Daddy?” she whispered in his ear “Daddy not going to go, right?”

Adalyn looked at him expectantly and her silvery grey eyes filled with a deep pain Harry knew well “Syrie, babe…”

Harry held his daughter tightly and kissed her hair “No, Syrie, I’m not going anywhere.” He watched Adalyn carefully as he used to as Syrie nuzzled his neck, letting out a content sigh before lying her head down and closing her eyes. “Would you like to come in Adalyn? I have the kettle on.”

Adalyn bit her lip nervously before nodding “Okay, but…give me Syrie.”

Harry obliged, but his arms felt empty without Syrie’s warm little body. He’d known her for less than five minuets, yet already he never wanted to let her go.

~*~*~*~

            The spring blooms were large and fragrant as dawn graced the earth with violet fingertips, the sun still sleeping behind the hills. The house itself was just a few minuet walk from Godric’s Hollow, held within a white picket fence. The backyards opened up into the forest were a bubbling stream could be heard and cut through the back garden were Harry and Adalyn sat then, Syrie on her lap.