She doesn't need your help

I made it a tradition to explore my new surroundings whenever I moved to a new neighborhood. That gives me a chance to meet my neighbors and get a feel for the community. The first few days of moving in I met my next door neighbor Jim. He was a cool guy and welcomed me to the neighborhood. I let him know I was going to make my rounds after I got settled. He let me know he would call around and let everyone know and to give him a call and he would introduce me. After parting ways I unloaded the last boxes from my truck and passed out. Today while walking about I saw a little girl crying in the middle of a yard. My heart sank seeing such a sad sight and started to head toward her. Before I could step off the curb to cross the street, what sounded like a chorus of people yelled out "STOP" from every house in every direction. I turn to see Jim running toward me at full speed. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me almost out of my shoes into his house. "I'm sorry we all scared you like that" he sighed, "that girl you saw does not need any help". My confusion was plastered on my face. "The reason I wanted to introduce you was to keep you from that yard. The family that used to live there haven't been seen for decades. That little girl is the only member of the family that has been seen since then." I was even more stumped. "Take a look" so I went to window and I shit you not, that little girl that was red-faced and bawling her eyes out was now smiling a razor toothed smile from ear to ear and waving for me to come to her. "She has been luring people to their deaths for decades. Law enforcement were the last to come and try to figure out the reason for the disappearances but when she takes them inside with her, all you ever hear is screams of terror then her coming out in a new dress smiling and waiting on her lawn for the next victim to pass by." Flabbergasted I take another look and her eyes were pitch black and staring at my soul "she can't leave that yard. We all stay away and in our houses, watching passers-by to ensure she doesn't succeed again. Had you not told me your plans, we might not have been awake early enough to catch you."