Chapter 23 (Anna)

hEY YALL

GUESS WHAT

THIS IS

THE LAST CHAPTER

*sobs*

ILL MISS YOU ALL

AND YES THERE WILL BE AN EPILOGUE

BUT THIS IS

THE

LAST

CHAPTER

-

Nico's POV

I screamed and ran to the edge of the cliff. I didn't mean for Percy to get hurt. I didn't want Percy to get hurt. But he fell off the cliff. I made him fall off the cliff.

I looked over the edge, straight down, hoping to see him clinging on the side. He's still alive, I told myself, there's no way he could be dead.

I saw it. I saw the dark red color spreading in the water, interfering with the blue. It wasn't going away. And then I remembered the knife that Annabeth was holding against Percy's throat. Percy's blood.

I knelt down, my hands coming up to my head and pulling at my hair. My scalp hurt. My mind hurt. My throat hurt. My body hurt. My heart hurt. Everything hurt.

Percy is dead. Percy is dead. Percy is dead. Percy is dead because of me. I killed him. Not Annabeth. I was the one who wanted to save him instead the other way around for once. I was the one who wanted to use my new power to try and save him. My powers went haywire. My powers hit him. My powers hit Annabeth, causing her to fall back and dig the knife deeper into Percy's neck. I killed Percy. Percy is dead because of me. Percy is dead, and it's my fault.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream. I wanted to punch something. Fuck, I wanted to die.

But I couldn't cry. I couldn't force tears to come out.

I couldn't scream. All that came out was a strangled whimper, almost an inhuman sound.

I tried to punch something. I balled my hands into fists and punched the ground, not caring about rocks or bugs or anything. I couldn't feel anything, so it was worthless.

That left one thing. Death.

It took every ounce of energy and strength in me to stand up. My muscles hurt every time I moved. I took in a deep breath, or tried to. It felt like my lungs had gone along with Percy, no longer able to breathe.

I walked forward until only my heels were stable on the rock, every other bit of my feet dangling off the edge.

I leant forward, and felt air rush and my adrenaline soar. I was falling. I was going to die. I was going to be with Percy. I felt more pain than ever as my body hit the waves, but I was relieved. I was gone.

-

THE END

PLEASE DONT KILL ME

ILY