Hailey chuckled on the other side, "You know I wouldn't forget about you, right? You're way too important to me. Plus, I get bragging rights when it comes to having friends that are British."

You coughed in confusion, snickering childishly. "What are you talking about? I'm not British."

"Yeah, but you live there now. So technically, you're like an honorary Brit."

"What are you on about? God, if you're going to be like this the whole time you're up, I don't think I want to deal with you!" You crackled wholeheartedly, feeling a new sense of delight radiate throughout your soul. You had missed this type of banter with your best friend. It was good to have her back.

Suddenly, there was another voice chatting away in the background of Hailey's phone. An unfamiliar female voice. "Oops, I've got to go now (Y/N). But trust me, I'm going to call you first thing tomorrow morning! I'll give you the details about my flight when I organize myself better, okay?"

You nodded, "Okay, that would be great. Thanks Hailey," You paused, "I missed you."

Without even seeing her, you could already picture her smile. "I missed you too, girl. See you soon, okay?"

"Okay"

"Alright, see you later, (Y/N)! Talk to you soon!"

"Bye Hailey!" With that the line went dead. You stood in the kitchen for a good while, clutching your phone in your hand. After a while, your hand began to get sweaty from grasping it too long. You placed the phone in your pocket and leaned against a nearby counter, reflecting on what had just happened. Hailey hadn't been ignoring you; she was keeping a surprise! And a good one too! The fact that she was coming to see you warmed your heart to a sugary sweet consistency, your blood feeling like it was laced with honey. All the negative feelings you had been harbouring towards her began to melt away, the doubt you had felt evaporating into thin air.

Yet now there was another problem. As you leaned against the counter, you kept your ears attentive to any noise made by the two boys in the living room. So far, you couldn't hear anything, and that made you nervous. Very nervous.

After your anger had washed away you were left with a soiled numbness coating your skin, the feeling of regret gnawing away at your core. You kept thinking back to what you had said, what you had said to Dan. The coldness of your voice, the viciousness of your words, you wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to look your way. Afterall, you had been a complete asshole to your friend.

My friend... That's right. He was your friend, a good one. You couldn't let one disagreement ruin your relationship; that wouldn't make any sense! Even though you felt some pride trying to bubble to the surface, you forced yourself to swallow it. Now was not the time to get stubborn. You knew you had fucked up, so it was time to apologize.

You slowly crept into the living room, feeling a blush of shame crawl across your cheeks. You began to sweat nervously, unsure of how you would begin your sentences. Unfortunately, the only one sitting on the couch was Phil, his icy stare glued to his phone. He appeared so focused that you weren't sure if he had noticed you. You quietly cleared your throat, earning a small gasp of surprise from Phil. "Oh! (Y/N), you're back! How was the phone call?"

Phil's cheerly attitude caused you to feel some warriness, until you remembered how he was not directly involved with the disagreement. "It was... actually really good. I think we worked everything out. Do you, uhm- know where Dan went? I have to... apologize for how I spoke to him."

Phil nodded slowly, pointing towards a door down the hallway. "He went to his room for a bit to think. Just knock on the door, I'm sure he'll come out to greet you."