Together: DETERMINATION

*LOADING LAST SAVE. . .

ERROR…

*LOAD SUCCESSFUL.

She woke up in a hurry... Back in the patch of yellow flowers. Asriel bolted upright, sitting next to her. "Gah... I... Wha... Ng... F-Fuck..."

Chara said nothing... She glared ahead...

She didn't react to the once again young monster next to her either.

"Ch...Chara...?" Asriel stood up, before falling onto her, legs quaking.

"Ugh! Be careful..!" she flinched at her voice. "Get up... Are you okay...?"

"I...Can't feel my legs... Or my waist either... It's... all numb..."

"Come on try to walk..." She held out her hand.

"It... it's like they're not there... I... What was I doing when you RESET...?" He took it, trying to pull himself up.

"You... You were dead...." Her voice cracked with pain.

"...For... for how long?"

"Five minutes maybe..." She looked at the ground.

"...Any longer and I wouldn't have been able to breathe..." He shivered, "I'm still young... Well... right now… Third time around..."

"I'm sorry... Asriel...."

"N-No, it's fine... I'll heal up... I can siphon Mom and Dad's magic... Mom should be fine, because she's older..."

"They're younger now..." Chara helped lift Asriel and started leading him along.

"I' mean she's an adult..." He basically used her to piggy back. He was really light now.

"I hope your okay..."

"I'll... I'll turn out okay... if not, wheelchair bound for a year or so..."

"Alright..." she carried him along.

"Thank you, Chara...."

"N-No problem..."

"...I love you..."

"I love you too Asriel..." She knocked on the door to the familiar home.

"Come on in, Chara! You too, Azzy!" That... was odd.

"What..." Chara slowly opened the door and went inside, still carrying the prince. Toriel was reading a book by the fire. "There you two are... You guys said that you'd be back fifteen minutes ago, so I'm glad you came back."

What's going on… Chara thought, "Y-Yeah… Sorry..."

"I'm glad you've chosen to stay with us, Chara..." She smiles. "I know it'll be an adjustment... but we'll help the best we can.

"T-Thank you for having me..." ‘'Just go along...'

Asriel yawned. "Chara... can you carry me to the bedroom...?"

"Yeah..." She carries Asriel to the room and sets him on his bed. He motioned for her to sit, as he pulls himself up to do the same. She sat down next to him.

"...I think you didn't go all the way back this time.

"I guess not..."

"...That's fine by me.

"I'll go make an excuse... Okay?"

"If you say so..."

She stands up and goes to Toriel.

Toriel was still reading.

"Sorry for being late... Azzy and I were messing around and he got hurt..."

"He's hurt?!" Toriel dropped her book, standing with worry in her eyes.

"Y-Yeah... That's w-why I was carrying him..."

"...I'll go heal him, what's wrong?"

"He said that he couldn't feel anything from his waist down..."

"...That's... odd. Did he fall weird?"

"M-My back was turned... I didn't see..."

"...I'll see if his spine is broken... He may not feel pain because the nerves were severed.

"Alright..."

She walked towards the room and Chara followed. Toriel rubbed Asriel's back, feeling for any abnormalities. "...Hmm... That's... odd, to say the least..."

"What's wrong..?"

"...His spine isn't broken... the bottom part is completely gone..."

"What...?"

"It doesn't exist... It's... gone. I can try to create one, but... it might not work..."

Chara feels her heart stop... A heavy weight of fault. Asriel sighed, "Just do it, Mom... it's worth a shot, at least..."

Chara sighed quietly as Toriel started chanting in an unrecognizable language, green magic slowly filtering into Asriel.

"I-I'm sorry Asriel...."

Asriel was silent, as Asriel's tail glowed as it started to shrink into his body. Chara walked away into the living room… Asriel's grunts of pain could be heard. Chara visibly flinched… The process continued for about fifteen minutes.

Chara shook quietly at the kitchen table before Asriel shakily walked out. "I...I'm okay..."

"A-Azzy!" Chara jumped up and he smiled, stretching his arms out. She hugged Asriel softly. He hugged back tightly, smiling, "...I'm happy I can stand... even if it did cost me my tail..."

"I-I'm sorry Asriel....."

"It's fine..." He smiled a bit, nuzzling her.

"B-But... you almost..."

"Chara, we didn't have to regenerate anything. My tail was a perfect fit."

"I-it's my fault..."

"Chara. Don't blame yourself. There's gonna be a couple side effects... but they're beneficial."

She stayed quiet.

"W-Well... Um... There's going to be a little... exponential muscle growth for about a week or two... and then the other is increased speed and mobility." Asriel explained.

"Well then..." Chara nodded along.

"So... Should um... should we just rest for a while then...?" The monster asked.

"Yeah... I'm tired..." She agreed once more. He smiled, offering a hand to her. She took it quietly. He started leading her back to the room, stretching his back a bit. She laid on her bed quietly when they reached it. He climbed on next to her, a smirk on his face.

"Hmm?" Chara looked at him.

"I wanna snuggle.”

"Okay then..."

He laid next to her, hugging her, a big smile on his face now. She smiled at him quietly. He nuzzled into her neck, smiling a bit. Chara laughed a little bit.

"...Do I tickle or something...?"

"A little"

He smirked, wrapping his arms around her stomach. "...I...I know I said we shouldn't have... have sex... but... we... could always just "explore" each other's bodies?"

"U-Umm... O-Okay..."

"C… Could we possibly do that then...?"

"Yeah… sure…” she let out a nervous chuckle as he gently rubbed her belly, smiling. Her breath gets faster… He slowly starts moving his hands upwards. She smiles towards Asriel quietly.