Together: Together...

"Gah, o-okay! I'll... be in the attic..."

"Why the attic..?" She thought quietly to herself as she made something. As she was cooking she heard an old door creakily open as Asriel walked up to the attic. She  finished up and kept the stove on warm.

"Found it!" He laughed heartily then came back down to the ground floor. He found Chara sitting on Toriel's chair with her eyes closed. He brought back a somewhat small chest, smiling bright. The human looked up at him quietly as he had set it in front of her, wiping the dust away

"What..? What is that..?"

"It's the things I made when I found out that my fire is much hotter than Mom's or Dad's.

"Okay....?"

"I want you to have it."

"W-What..?"

"Open it up, Chara!" He smiled.

She kneels down in front of the chest and opens it up.

In front of her was several pounds of jewelry of all metals... Diamonds encrusted most of them. On the largest necklace, the back had Asriel's name engraved in it, to show that he made it. Chara subconsciously covered her mouth. "A...Asriel...."

"I want you to have every bit of it... If I wanted some myself, I can always dig up some and make more.” He had a bright smile on his face.

"I.... I can't....."

"...At least..." He rummaged through it... taking out a beautiful platinum ring. "...Take this one." He had a knowing smile. Only one heart-shaped ruby was in it.

She looked at Asriel with a sad smile... "Asriel..."

"...Will... Will you be Queen of the Ruins alongside me?"

"..." She seemed in shocked.

He had a hopeful smile.

"I... O.... Of course..."

He grinned, very gently putting the ring on her ring finger before hugging her tight. She stiffened up before hugging him back.

"...I love you so much, Chara..."

"I... I love you too...."

"...What.... what did you make... because... it... it smells really good.

"I made... One of my favorites... I'm surprised Tori had all the ingredients..."

"...Is it ready?"

"Yeah it is."

"...C-...can we eat it?"

"Yeah... Go ahead..."

"...Won't you eat it with me...?"

"Yeah... I will"

Asriel smiled but Chara seemed a little apprehensive as she stood up. Asriel stood next to her as they went back to the kitchen. Chara pulled two plates down as Asriel went to the oven, slowly opening it. The smell of butterscotch wafted out of the warm box. The prince licked his lips, his stomach growling. Chara used a hand towel as a hot pad and took it out of the oven and set it on the stove. Asriel walked to the table, sitting down.

Chara comes out and sets the pie down. "There we go..."

He smiles slightly. "...Butterscotch pie... Mmm..." Asriel takes a piece and his face lights up, “It's amazing."

"Good… I'm glad you like it."

He kept eating, his stomach still rumbling.

"Hehehe I'm not that good..."

"Yesh you fare!” The goat exclaimed his mouth full of pie.

Chara gives him a sad smile.

He swallows it, looking at her.

"You are a gem Asriel..."

"...Thank you, Chara..." He blushes slightly. "Though I'm a goat... you have a gem on your ring..."

She looked at the ring softly... "Yeah..."

He laughs.

She still hadn't touched hers

"...You... not hungry?"

"N-Not really...."

"...Can I have your piece...?"

She doesn't argue and gives it to him and he wolfs it down, laughing. Chara chuckles

"...It's just really good...Exquisite, actually! It's... better than that chocolate stuff you gave me."

She huffs. "You mean... you stole from me..?"

"No, you gave me it one time, because I asked what it taste like." Chara rolled her eyes as he continued, "...And... I didn't really like it.

"Chocolate isn't really good for animals..." She sighed in her response.

"...I'm not an animal..." He sighed. "...though I may act like one in situations..."

"You're a goat monster…”

"Chara... I know that Gerson had a fondness for chocolate even before the war.."

"Oh really..?"

"Yeah... He attributes it to his long life... though I know he's joking..."

"Well people used to say… That it had youthful properties..."

"...Hmm, that might be true.”

"Well... Believed...."

"So I might start eating chocolate.”

"Azzy... You're not going to do that because it doesn't work."

"...Alright, fine."

"And you'll get sick..."

"No, I won't..."

"Yeah... You will.."

"Fine..."

She looked at Asriel kindly. He seemed slightly angry... but the cute kinda angry. The one that she knows isn't going to be held against her.

"Maybe... Maybe we can live down here..."

He smiles. looking back at her.

"But..."

"...But what, Chara?"

"I want you to apologize to Toriel eventually "

"O...Of course, Chara..."

"Thank you..."

"You're welcome."