Together: Failure

Chara set the timer and walk out of the kitchen to see that Asriel was asleep in the chair and was snoring, cloak covering him like a blanket. She smiled at him softly and went down the stairs and to the door that lead to snowdin forest. Steps were heard behind her and she stopped and turns around quickly. Chara saw Felix was running away, looking back. She followed the child quickly. Felix landed on his face. "G-Gotta... get back home..."

"Sweetie... Are you hurt..?" The caretaker reached to help him back onto his feet.

"D-DON'T TOUCH ME!" He forces Chara away with a panic blast of magic.

"Gah!" she hits the wall. She grips her head. "M-Magic..?"

He was gone...

"Shit..." She ran down the hallway towards the Exit. A door echoed as it shut. She put her hands on the door and stayed there..... "Idiot..."

A loud scream... followed by a large blade piercing through the door. Chara fell backwards onto her rear and looked at the blade. "No...."

Nothing by a Dreemurr... Thank god.

Some form of rogue blade, very poorly crafted... but blood was trickling down the wall. Chara covered her mouth as she stood up and ran back towards her home. She tripped going up the stairs and fell into the wall… Causing a vase to fall off its stand and break.

"C-Chara!" He rushed to her side.

She let herself fall into the monster and began crying... "I.... I couldn't.... I couldn't save him!!"

"...I...I know... we... we must protect the other humans from the wilderness out there..."

"Just.... Just a child...." She couldn't control her breath or her tears.

"I know...

She held onto him tears staining her cheeks....

"...I... I can try and gather the body... so we can give him a burial..."

"..." She shakes her head...

"...N...No?"

"I.... I can't lose you Asriel..."

"...They won't hurt a monster..."

"..." She sniffed, seemed to be getting to the end of her episode.

"...Please... let me gather his body.

"A-Alright..."

He... warped out.

She stood up quietly and curled up on the recliner.

..He could be heard landing outside.

She let her sad eyes wander the room.

Listening...

"...I shall never let another human leave... for.... for I saw what they did to you.... my fallen son... ...I'll be sure to keep your SOUL safe from them too..."

Her sight found itself going through the window. He was digging with his bare hands… She stood up... And made her way back down to the door.

"...I...I promise, Felix... I'll keep all Humans safe... Even Chara..."

She kneeled down next to Asriel, took out the dagger and stabbed the ground a couple times to make it easier to dig through...

He looked at her. "...Thank... thank you, Chara..."

She just looked blankly at the dagger in her hands....

"...are you alright?"

"I... I could've... Run after him..."

"...Chara, if you did, you'd be dead too..."

"I know how to fight...."

"...Those monsters..." He pulls off one of the shoulders of his robe. "They went through my armor."

"Who.... Who are they...."

"...The Royal Guardsmen...Ex-royal guards..."

Her eyes darkened.

"...I'm sorry."

"Asriel...."

"Chara...?"

"Remember... When we died...?"

"...Y...yeah...?"

"Nevermind... Its stupid..." she started digging again... "No more will die...."

"...Do... do you want to try again or something....?"

"There are no resets in life Asriel... No one else is dying..."

"...O...okay..." He nodded. "...I… I have his SOUL..."

"What...? Why..?"

"...I don't want them to have something that powerful..."

"Let it shatter..."

"W-What? N-No! It... we can... I... I don't want to forget him..." He gripped Felix's SOUL... and she could see him start to absorb it.

"Asriel!!!" She took the soul from him before he could absorb it. It didn't shatter...

"...W...Why, Chara...? WE... we can use it... to help with our electricity issues... to help me be stronger for you..."

"..." she held it close...

"......C...Can I at least absorb its energy....?"

"He's... Just a kid..."

"I know... but... he's... he's gone..."

She regretfully... Gave it back to Asriel...

He placed his hands around it... and he absorbed it, scrunching up, green coming out of his Monster SOUL now. Chara looked away from the scene, clutching her own chest.