Together: RESET and Regret

*LOADING LAST SAVE…
*LOAD SUCCESSFUL.

Chara woke up…. She sat up and looked amongst her surroundings. Looking around she noticed Asriel was already awake.

"H-Hey, is.... ......Chara?" Asriel looked around.

"Ugh.....are we dead..?" The human held her head as her eyes focused.

"...No... We're.... definitely alive..." Asriel reassured.

She sat up and looked around. "The Ruins..?"

"...I... I don't get it..."

Chara stands up holding her head.

"..." He closed his eyes, crossing his arms.

"W-What...? What are you thinking?..."

"I can't read minds Asriel Dreemurr...

"...I... I don't know what I'm thinking..."

"C'mon... Let's find mom..."

He hugged her tight first. "I'm sorry..."

"G-Gah- w-what for?! It.... Was my fault... I shouldn't have... Fallen asleep like that...

"Shh... it's... it's fine..." He gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Ngh... Az....."

"...I... I'm sorry... it's just... before we got interrupted... that sunset was just about as beautiful as you..."

"Hehe... N-Not true...." She was turning red. Being human it was easy to see when she got embarrassed. He smiled, a glimmer in his eyes of green. "Totally true... How old are you, Chara?"

"I-I'm 15... I'll be 16 in two months...." She said honestly.

"....I'm.. Hmm... In human years... I'm seventeen, I think? But... I've just barely hit puberty in monster life-scales... I don't even have my horns..." He laughed softly.

She hugged Asriel. "We... We won't go to the surface.... Not after that... I'll stay down here with you."

"...Can... I try to... make you a monster?" He brought up a previous subject

"It's... Forbidden remember..." She reminded him a little annoyed.

"...I don't care at this point..." He hugged her tight against him.

"I-If I can be some light of hope for the monsters down here... I'll stay human..." Chara seemed serious. Asriel frowed when he heard. She looked at him again. "Is that... Bad..?"

"...I...I just want you to be... be one of us, so that.... no-one can call our relationship bad..."

"Humans are more monsters than monsters themselves...." She said coldly.

"...But I want you to be a species monster..." He sighed. "What's your fear, Chara...?"

"..." She didn't look at him.

"...Chara, please..." He insisted.

"I don't want to lose myself... I am who I am and I don't want to change..." Her plea seemed half-baked.

"It's just in appearance! If... If anything, you might just gain magical knowledge..."

"I... I'll think about it Azzy…but right now let's go find Mom..." She stopped the subject and started walking. The children make their way through the Ruins back towards Home. The monsters around them looked frightened at the sight of Chara… they either ran and hid or glared at the human. Chara took note of this and noticed something was off..