Chapter 1 The World outside of your Library

Torch has been my pet project for over a year now. I had been stagnant in my writing for so long and this helped me get back into it full swing. So for everyone reading this I want to sincerely say thank you for all you're support. I have so much more planned for this and other projects in 2020. Please look forward to it! Now without further ado, please enjoy a fully updated Torch.

Prologue

He could hear it, it was faint but there. The sound of someone humming and footsteps. Every passing second they grew closer, the deep low hum of a song he couldn't recognize and heavy footfalls that followed it's rhythm. How long did it go on? How close was he? He was somewhere close when the footsteps stopped. The sweet song coming to an end soon after.

"It's come to this point hasn't it young master? A torch long passed through the family from one to another has finally come to you." The voice was deep, it had a masculine rumble like like velvet. "Normally it happens a lot sooner but....well....let's just say your family has been running interference for quite some time. But alas, they are no longer here to protect you so that duty falls to me. Let's do our best to get along shall we? For now I believe it's time for you to wake up. Lest you continue to sleep and they get their way. Now, young master, Wake up!"

Chapter 1 Welcome to the World outside your Library.

He first became aware of the pain shooting throughout his body as he started to stir. A groan slipped from his lips as he began to move, 'Why am I so stiff,' he thought. He went to rub his shoulder but the rattling of chains and the pain in his wrists prevented him. He winced as he opened his eyes, why was he in such pain just from sleeping? His lax and grogginess was stripped from him as his eyes adjusted to the darkness. His arms were thoroughly shackled behind his back, bound by a length of chain to the wall. 'Why am I bound up like this?', while his arms might have been bound his legs were free to move. Not that he could go all that fair because of the chain. He adjusted his position with his legs it almost hurt moving them, as if he hadn't used them in weeks. 'What was I doing? It was the first time I left my hometown. I was suppose to be going to the capital, I remember packing and I was really excited. My family insisted I take a few of the helping hands. I talked them down to at least one family butler. Is he here to?' His thoughts were interrupted from the rank smell of the room. It was dark, 'I'm in a cell aren't I?' The room was filled with a thick smell of mildew, other orders filled the room but he couldn't stand to imagine what might have caused it. 'This can't be the capital, they wouldn't have put me here. I can't see anything. Maybe someone else is here?'

"Where...." He croaked and cracked, it hurt to speak his throat was so dry. 'It's only been a single day hasn't it? How could I be in such a state so quickly.' He stopped himself from following that line of thinking. It would only make the situation more grim.

"Vir agh gund ah wasn't expectin that." A voice rung out from the shadows. It was a woman's voice, he was almost sure of it. "Seein ya stirrin like that is ah helluva surprise." The young man shuffled, straining against his restraints as far as he could, attempting to get closer to the voice. 'There's someone else here after all! Maybe they can help or explain something' He thought.

"Nadal, Nadal, Oi kid easy there. Ya haven't moved yer body fer at least ah week ya know? Movin like that is gonna might mess somethin- yer not even listenin to me are ya?" While he wanted to move closer to the voice something else had caught his interest. His eyes had adjusted enough to catch the faint glimmer of a pan, he edged himself closer to it and sure enough it was filled with water. 'Oh please tell me it's drinkable.'

"Umm...please excuse me but a moment." He knew it was impolite to ignore someone while they were talking but the longer he waited the more his body began to alert him of all of his ailments. The biggest one being his need for water.