Chapter One: The Beginning Of The End

Eisa sits on the couch inside the Hastings' barn on the night of Labor Day, 2009, beside her is Emily Fields, the kind, sporty one, on her other side is Spencer Hastings, the high strung perfectionist

Eisa sits on the couch inside the Hastings' barn on the night of Labor Day, 2009, beside her is Emily Fields, the kind, sporty one, on her other side is Spencer Hastings, the high strung perfectionist.  Also with them is Aria Montgomery, the free-spirited artistic one of the group, and Hanna Marin, whom Eisa thinks of as nothing more than a wannabe. The five of them are sitting in Spencer's parents' barn, drinking from a singular red cup of mystery alcohol, loud music playing as a storm rages outside. Even though Eisa refuses to partake in the libations, she is equally as giggly and happy as her four friends. Suddenly the lights flicker and go out, leaving the five in complete darkness.

"Woah, what happened?"

"It must be the storm," Spencer replies as she stands to try and find a way to fix the problem.

The girls, sans Eisa, hear a noise and are immediately freaked out, assuming something must be out there. Of course, Eisa also hears the noise, but it doesn't disturb her serene expression in the slightest. Aria, with a flashlight in hand, points out the obvious.

"Somethings out there."

The door to the barn creaks open slightly as Hanna whispers a panicked "Guys," causing all but Eisa to make their way as a pack towards the door. Eisa, instead, recognises the signs of a classic prank by their leader and her best friend since birth, Alison DiLaurentis, and pulls out her camera phone to catch a video of the looks on their faces.

"Gotcha!"

At Alison's sudden entrance from the dark of Spencer's back yard, the four terrified girls scream, causing both Eisa and Ali to laugh at their expense.

"That's so not funny Alison!"

Spencer, as per usual, is being a bit of a buzzkill, much to Eisa's chagrin.

"I thought it was hilarious, girls."

"I agree Ali, I even got it on video," Eisa shakes her phone in the air as evidence of that fact proudly.

"Of course you did, did you two plan that?" Aria seems a bit annoyed at the two girls, though not very much so, given she still laughs at the ground at the end of her question.