Always Outrunning Life

Start from the beginning

"The bigger one goes on the bottom Maddie, geez get it together this is literally common sense."

"Whatever we wouldn't be doing this if you weren't acting so damn weird. What did you get caught or something?"

"No, worse."

I stop piling the boxes and look up at her in a crouched position.

"Worse? What's worse that that."

She lightly put down the last box that was in the room and slid down against them.

"I-I." She began sobbing into her shaking hands.

"Rosalie, what is it?" I grab her by the forearms and pull her hands away from her face. "Tell me."

"I killed someone...w-why did I d-do that!?" She kept crying uncontrollably.

I wish I could have done something but the news was too much to bare all at once.

"No you didn't. Rosalie please tell me you're not serious."

"He's gone..I can't believe-"

"Who was it?" I ask but she just kept shaking her head and mumbling the word 'no.' "Rosalie who?"

"Kane-it was Kane."

**

A noise wakes me up out of my lethargic and deluded condition. It faintly sounded like somebody was above me, but then again my mind could have been playing tricks on me.

My lips were chapped and I felt extremely thirsty. My stomach craved even just a morsel of any kind of food, I just needed something.

"How you doing down there?" A loud voice calls down to me.

I recognize the voice as my hateful, abusive, worst nightmare of a father. I silently weigh the pros and cons of shouting back. If he knew I was still fine and talking, he would maybe leave me down here longer for a torturous punishment. However, if he didn't get a response, he might actually think I was unconscious from the fall into the miserable, dark hole. I chose the latter and stayed silent.

A little streak of light that had just recently appeared on the wall in front of me had just expanded. It kept getting brighter and brighter until-

"Hey you there! What are you doing?" Someone called from above.

I heard the sound of running and was wondering who had possibly scared my dad off. Maybe they could give me a few pointers?

"Look, there's someone down there! See them?"

"Yes...hey you down there!"

I decide to speak up now that my father had left the picture.

"H-hello? Yes I'm here!" I get onto my feet and position myself in the center of the hole, shielding my eyes from the light shining right in my face.

"It can't be...Moona?"

My eyes squint even further to make out the person that popped into my mind from the nickname.

"Kilo?"

"We'll get you out! Don't move!"

I tilt my head, "don't really got a choice down here!"

"He went off to get some rope, he will be back soon don't worry."

"Aaand who are you?"

"It's me, Asuk"