Extra

I know what you're thinking, "Luna, why do you keep updating a completed story?"

But it's so hard to stay away from GAR 1, so I'm just giving a chapter full of extras from Dante and Stellas marriage, Stefan and Alana's childhood, and other happy and sad

Extra #1
What are siblings for?

19 year old Stefan tapped away at his phone, sending messages to his friends. It was 9 pm on a Saturday night, and he was relaxing with the free time he had to spare.

He was on summer break from college, and back home visiting his family. There was a gentle knock on the door, "Come in" he called. His mother entered.

Stella was in a pair of leggings and a long sleeve. Her wavy hair was thrown up in a messy bun and her amber eyes were glazed with the firm softness Dante had fallen in love with.

She didn't look a day over 30, and neither did Dante.

"Stef, you wouldn't happen to know where Alana has gone do you?" She asked, smiling as if she was trying hard to contain severe pressure. Stefan sat up immediately.

Months prior, Alana had undergone a traumatic incident. Their house was attacked with only her in it, and she was forced to fend for herself. She had to kill them, her youth ripped away from her and replaced with something so much darker.

Dante and Stefan had protected her from that for as long as possible. But the moment those men stepped foot in the house, she was as good as gone.

She wasn't molded for that reality, though she understood it she was never made to live it. They all had their sacrifices, Stella her parents, Dante his cousins, and Alana herself.

Ever since then, Alana had been a mere carcass of herself. Extremely hyper vigilant, anxiety and depression ridden, completely fragile. She had trouble being around people, and being alone.

"Where is she?! What happened?!" He asked instantly. "Shh, your father doesn't know yet, but when he notices her missing he is going to loose it" she rambled out.

Stefan placed his head in his hands, sighing in anger. "I tried calling her, but it goes straight to voicemail. Stefan, your father will tear New York City apart" she said, her voice slipping like silk into the tense atmosphere.

"I'll go look, you send some people out from here" he sighed, slipping on his sneakers and walking out.

He drove all over the place, anger setting in when he thought of all the harm men could be inflicting onto her that very moment.

She occasionally had her breakdowns, anxiety attacks where she would freak out and get sent over the edge. But she had never run away, and that was what scared him the most.

He drove past a park he used to take her to frequently, and sighed in absolute relief when he saw the shadow of a small figure sitting on a swing. He parked on the side of the curb and hopped out.

The night decorated the tall skyscrapers beautifully, the rest of the city illuminated by city lights. Occasionally a car would drive by, leaving them to a fair amount of silence.

She was in a black hoodie and jeans, fumbling with the edge of the material as she looked down. He walked towards her and sat down on the swing beside her, not uttering a word.

Every moment with Alana was precious, the minutes where she wasn't drowning in her own thoughts was valuable, so much that everyone who knew her personally savored it like gold.

"W-why can't I just be normal?" She began softly under breath, Stefan felt his heart clench as he turned his head to his 16 year old sister.

"I can't function normally anymore. W-why can't I just be happy?" She asked, tears clouding her eyes as a sob broke into her voice.