{40} TALKING ABOUT MY FAVORITE GIRLS WITH AN ACCIDENT PRONE FRIEND {40}

Start bij het begin

He pressed his hand to his forehead in a salute and most of the campers repeated his gesture back. The chatter resumed louder than ever. It really was the end.

I bit into my sandwich. Man, I was not going to miss the healthy food. Sure, it tasted alright, but I missed old fashioned, greasy meat lover's pizza, or my mom's blue chocolate chip cookies. The cooks' cookies just didn't compare.

I took care of my dishes and was about to leave the pavilion when someone laid their hand on my shoulder. I whirled around and was faced with Jason Grace.

"Oh, hey man. What's up?"

He smiled at me, albeit a little nervously. "Hi. Do you have time to talk?"

"Yeah, of course. Let's head back to my place, or yours if you want."

"Cabin three is fine," he said.

"Alright."

We walked back to the cabins quietly, just observing the happy, energetic kids running around while counselors and senior campers were trying to round them up. I opened up my cabin and found Tyson gathering his things.

"Hi, Tyson," I greeted.

"Percy!" he exclaimed. "Aren't you happy to come back next year?"

I nodded, smiling. "Of course. You?"

He grinned. "I can't wait. I made a lot of friends that I really want to see again. But I have to leave now. Mr. Chiron said that he needs to talk with me in the Big House."

I frowned. "Oh. Well, is this goodbye?"

He nodded, his ecstatic expression melting into a more melancholy one. "Yes. Goodbye, Percy."

I walked over and gave him a big hug. "Bye, Tyson. Thanks for this summer."

I stepped back and smiled at him. He sent a weak smile back, waved at Jason, and left the cabin.

"Well, that dampened my mood even more," I grumbled.

Jason chuckled. "I feel you, man. Can I sit?"

I nodded. "Sure. What did you want to say?" I asked, sitting beside him on my messy bunk.

"Um, when do you think that I can, you know...meet Thalia? Er, not meet - reunite. When can I reunite with Thalia?"

I bit my lip and closed my eyes. "I have no clue," I admitted. "Soon, definitely. It's just that Thalia travels a lot and I typically have no idea where she is. Like, ever." I laughed.

Jason smiled, using only half of his mouth. "Where are you heading today?" he asked.

"Back to Manhattan," I told him. "I've got to quickly take care of my stuff and meet with my parents, and then I am going to meet Annabeth."

"Annabeth?" he asked. "Who's she?"

I smiled and turned to face Jason better. "She's my best friend. I met her when I was twelve, almost thirteen. I was with your sister, and she had recognized Thalia because when she was younger she ran away and met Thalia almost ten years ago. Anyway, we do literally everything together. I can't wait to see her again, but I'm also pretty nervous. I have a plan, but..." I pursed my lips. "...yeah."

Jason grinned. "So this is the girl."

"What?" I asked.

"During these past couple months I noticed that you would just space out with a dazed expression like you were remembering something. It mostly happened during lessons or when we passed cabin six. I just knew you were thinking about someone. So, do you like each other?"