Chapter fifteen

It was near impossible to live through the day without having your heart squeezed by the hands of guilt, especially since today's weather was terrible. Thunder cracked through the skies and sent ear-splitting explosions of noise throughout the neighborhood while cracks of lightning flashed when it was least expected. The bedroom was constantly illuminated by short intervals of blinding light from the house now in a black out. Even you admitted that you were extremely afraid of thunder and lightning, the fear manifesting over childhood. Despite your heart that raced with fear every time the grey clouds consumed the whole sky resulting in storms, you always pulled through with someone whom was just as afraid.

A certain American popped in your mind as you laid there, memories of his panicked face flowing into you. He was deathly afraid of thunderstorms.

You thanked the lord above that it wasn't a school day, for you would have to survive walking outside in living hell. For now, your body was seized with a series of quivering and trembles under the blanket, curled up tightly against the warmth of someone else. Burying your head deep into his neck, you tightened your arms around his shoulders as you listened to his soft breathing and whispers. They were quite comforting, but you couldn't help but squeal out of surprise from the sudden strikes of thunder that would hit occasionally.

You were fortunate enough to have someone to hold, but he didn't. He was probably down all alone in the dark, whimpering as the storm raged on. Imagine the flashes of his horror-stricken face as each bolt of lightning struck.

The speed of your breathing rapidly increased as the number of flashes did, your muffled voice of fear coaxing the Spaniard to continue consoling you, whether it be by caressing, singing, humming or kissing. You loved the feeling of his soft, warm lips pressing against your skin, his hands that stroked you affectionately so that you would calm down. His body heat continued to radiate to you and keep you warm despite the blankets that were frozen by the coldness that seeped in. Even if you wanted the blissful feeling of security in his arms like this forever, moments like these are what should be cherished, meaning that it wouldn't last forever.

"Don't be afraid, Toni is here." He continued to coo in your ears, wrapping his arms around you protectively. Entangling his legs with yours, it was like he was making sure that every part of you both were connected.

"When will this all end?" You asked quietly, eyes shut so tightly that wrinkles were forming. You nuzzled your nose deep into his skin, taking in his pleasant scent of tomatoes and just plain old Antonio. There was just something about it that really soothed you, whatever it is you were glad you could experience it.

"It'll end soon, mi amor. At least by lunchtime. For now, let's cuddle." He replied, snaking one of his arms around your waist and roaming his hand around your back.

"Are we going to do this the whole morning?" You whispered, feeling his hand cup the small of your back. As much as you didn't want to leave, you knew you had to. There was a poor shivering boy by himself in need for someone to hug.

He fluttered his forest green eyes and flickered them over to you, half-lidded. "Do you not want to?"

"No, I don't mind. It's just that..." You whispered. "I'm worried for Alfred... He's afraid of thunderstorms. He needs someone with him." He narrowed his eyes at the name, but he didn't say anything. He really did not mind the obnoxious blonde as much as before, but how frequently you brought him up annoyed him, it planted a seed of envy inside him despite him able to spend time with you for every second of the day. Perhaps you could go down to see him, but he may come as well.

"... I'll let you go see him, but I'm coming as well," Antonio commented, his voice laced with reluctance that suited with the sullen expression on his face. "I can't let him do anything while I'm gone. Is that okay with you, chica?"