Epilogue Tony

"So that's how it happened," I finish my story for my niece and nephew.

"You lost your guardian angel?" My little niece asks in confusion.

I nod, "Yes I did, she's back home. I gained something better with her loss though." I pause. "I gained a friend who could protect me and my family like no one else."

"Will your friend be able to go back to Heaven too?" My nephew inquires.

I smile, "I hope so. If there is any Fallen who deserves to be redeemed it is Raphael. I like to believe that he'll see her again someday too."

I look behind my niece and nephew. There, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face is Raphael. His clothes are no longer tattered and dark and dirty. His hair is no longer tangled and covering his face. His mismatched eyes sparkle with mirth as he watches me. He barely looks a day older. But a life time has passed since that fateful day. Since then he went back to being invisible to humans, but after that night I could see him. I can always see him. He's always there, watching over me. Protecting me. He's my guardian now, and the best guardian I have ever heard of.

He's more than redeemable, he has redeemed himself. No matter what the rules say, or where he comes from, I know he's one of the good guys.

I send my niece and nephew along to play. Once they're gone I motion for Raphael to come and join me by the fire. And he does.

"That was a good story Anthony, so familiar, so special," he teases.

I smile without looking at him. "And every word of it was true," I remind him.

He smiles at me and nods. "I know, I was there," he points out with a smirk. There's a pause, I know what he's thinking so I wait. "Do you really believe that?" He asks me.

I nod, "Of course old friend. If anyone deserves it, you do."

Our conversation gets cut short when I hear distant trumpet sounds. Raphael suddenly stands up and looks around, on high alert. The sounds get louder slowly. Eventually a figure appears in front of us.

"Anthony, are you ready?" The figure asks kindly.

Raphael sags in realization of what is going on. "It's time," he whispers sadly.

I nod to both. Raphael helps me stand. I look over at my chair, my old and worn body is still sitting there. Raphael leads me towards the figure without a word. I can sense his sadness, I know he feels as though he's going to be alone now. But I know something he doesn't.

When we get to the figure he lets go of me and steps back. The figure looks towards him. "You too Raphael," they say.
Raphael looks between us, obviously confused.

"You're coming with me," I explain. I can feel my spirit body being taken back to the youth that he used to know me as. I reach out my hand to him. Hesitantly he takes it.

He looks at out hands and then at the figure. "I don't understand," he mutters.

"It is time you came home child," she figure explains kindly. "Are you ready?" They asks again, this time to both of us.
With one last encouraging smile exchanged between us we nod to the figure in agreement. They take our hands and we are brought to where the edges of the dimensions meet. Together the three of us step Ofer to the Righteous Realm.
In front of us, to meet us are two more figures. One if extremely family. Her tiny frame bounces in excitement, and practically bursts when she sees us. She sprints to us and pulls us into a crushing embrace. We hug her back, thrilled to be able to see her again.

"I've missed you too!" She practically squeals in our ears. We laugh together as though no time has passed.

We pull apart and she tugs us towards the other figure. This man is tall and built, his features so typical yet so unique. He looked like any person but no one could possibly look like him. There is no way to describe him.

"This is the Creator," Seraph introduces, her eyes sparkling.

I can hear all the breath leave Raphael's lungs in shock. He slowly falls to his knees and stares at the being in shock.

"There's no need for that child," the Creator says. Even his voice is something entirely indescribable. I had never heard the voice before, but somehow I knew it. They reach down to help Raphael up. "I think it is time you came home."