Prologue Tony

"Oh Uncle please tell us the story. Please please, I've always wanted to hear it." I look down at my young nephew and niece as they plead with me with their eyes. I smile at the pair and settle into my chair. "Oh alright, you've bullied it out of me. Get comfortable children, this isn't a short story." The children settle and I watch them intently, waiting.

And sure enough my niece suddenly gets a puzzled look. "Uncle, what story are you telling us?" she questions. "The Angel story." My nephew answers for me, then he turns to me, "Right Uncle? That's the story you're going to tell us." I smile and nod, not speaking until they are finished.

"Angels!" exclaims my niece. "But I love Angels! Oh do tell us about Angels Uncle." I smile at her enthusiasm and wait a moment longer, a silent warning for them to be silent before I start.

"Angels are everywhere. They can touch our lives and we would barely even know they were there. And everyone has an angel of their own." I watch as their little eyes get bigger. "Everyone? Even me?" my nephew inquiries. I nod. "Even you?" my niece asks. "Yes my dear, even I had an angel once."

Confusion clouds their expressions as they register what I just implied. "So you don't anymore?" my nephew asks. I shake my head. "I'll tell you about my angel. Just you sit tight and listen. Let me finish explaining before I tell you about my angel." I wait a moment to let them settle down once more.

When I'm satisfied I sit back in the cushions of my chair and think back to what I had learned about the powerful beings that protected us everyday. "There are different kinds of angels. The kind that everyone has is a guardian angel. They watch over us everyday of our lives. Angels don't get to pick who they protect, that's chosen for them. They are assigned a person to protect and they protect them until the person dies and the angel can move on to protect another or the angel dies. But here's the tricky thing, not just anything can kill and angel. It can only be killed by a dark or fallen angel. But angels are immortal so that doesn't make sense does it? If an angel dies when in our realm then that life is taken and they can never return to our world. They are banished to their world and their world alone. The same goes for the dark or fallen angels. They can hide their wings and their halos and live among us or they can use their power and be invisible to our world. They also have extreme strength and agility which comes in handy sometimes." I pause to think a moment. "I think that just about covers the basics. You will learn more as I keep telling the story.

"This is the story of how I met my angel and lost her. She was gorgeous and so full of life. Meeting her changed my life forever. It was quite the adventure though, and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Her name was Seraph. And she lived up to her name very well in my opinion."