4. Elena

SOME THINGS CAN'T BE AVOIDED

After I ran out of class I went straight home without a second thought about what Spencer thought had happened, if anyone would grab my stuff, if my parents would ask what happened, or anything else. My mind was racing, I couldn't tell one thought from another. Too much was happening way too fast and I didn't understand if I should stop it, let it, or hide from it, whatever "it" was.

I had no idea what time it was but everyone was home and no one had tried talking to me yet so I decided before they could, I would just go to bed, I hoped it wasn't too early but I honestly didn't care, all I could get straight was that I was tired. Trying to fall asleep didn't seem to work too well as every feature I had taken in about Spencer kept running through my mind on replay, almost as if I had been staring at him for an entire day, a picture of him was locked in my mind with the key thrown away when all I wanted to do was sleep.

I have known this boy for just over three days and I am apparently already obsessed with him, I could not believe myself, why him? What was drawing me towards him in every way possible? I was not the type of girl to have a crush, Faye was going to freak if I told her, so I decided I wasn't going to tell her, she didn't need to know, just like she didn't, and still doesn't, need to know that I'm a Pixie. That's how that worked, right?

With all the thinking my mind was doing, without permission might I add, I had eventually fallen asleep. Sleeping had been a good idea until, guess who, showed up in the amazing dream I was having, he didn't talk but he was still there staring at me like a star that he was looking at through a telescope at midnight. I couldn't help but wonder if he was going through the same thing as me right now, I would die to know what was going on in his head when I was around.

I woke up just past 3:00 a.m. and hoped I could fall back asleep so I could go to school the next day but knew that probably was not going to happen either way because I had to talk to my mom again. This school year was off to a very bad start and it's only the 4th day back at school tomorrow, this year will be a lot harder after my 16th birthday though so I figured I shouldn't complain too much.

I had gotten a few more hours of sleep before waking up, stumbling my way downstairs and asking if I could stay home then whispered,

"I need to talk to you again."

She nodded and said to go back to bed for a few more hours since I had also mentioned that I slept like crap last night, and thankfully my dad was going to be out practicing for his hockey tournament again while my brother was at school, meaning I had all day to myself other than my mom. Just as I thought today was going to be a good day I got a message saying,

"Hey you going to be at school today? I wanna talk to you about something, and I grabbed your stuff and threw it in my locker so it didn't get lost."

From Spencer, and knew instantly that it was about what had happened yesterday, I was happy that he grabbed my stuff though because I didn't want to me losing school work on the first week of school. I didn't want to start a conversation with him so I replied with,

"No, I won't be, I got the flu, I'll be there tomorrow though. And thanks, I'll meet you at your locker tomorrow morning before 1st."

And hoped that he wouldn't reply back.

It was almost noon when I woke back up, I felt a lot more energized than I did this morning. I checked my phone for notifications but had none so I figured it's now or never if I want to talk to my mom. While I was on my way downstairs I tried to plan out what I wanted to talk about but found that I couldn't because there was just too much. Once I got downstairs I wandered around looking for my mom and found her on the couch reading a "Vampire Diaries" book, she looked so into it that I didn't want to disturb her but did anyways by saying,