Chapter 18

Chapter 18

The next few weeks were uneventful and school was somewhat quieter than it had been. I guess that was due to Lindsey finally getting what she wanted.

“Heey Crystal?” Angel asked me.

“Yes Angel?”

“How’s pack life going?”

“Things are going great, but I feel as if something bad is about to happen. And I just can’t help but feel as though the prophecy is about me.” I confess.

“I get that. It has been troubling us aswell. Are you sure it could be you?”

“Yes, I am now almost positive it’s me. But who knows, maybe it is someone else entirely and isn’t meant to be around till a few hundred years after we are all dead?” Say, trying to act all positive.

But by the look on her face, she isn’t buying it and shows me that she knows better than that. Damn my good friends.

“Well, at least you have the next few months to look forward to!” She says, while bouncing up and down like a little girl.

“And what, pray tell, would you mean by that?” I ask her innocently.

“Well, your 18th birthday is coming up and, oh yeah, your wedding!!! I can’t believe your getting married! And your not even knocked up!” She exclaims.

I clamp my hand down over her mouth to shut her up and what do I get in return? She licks my hand.

“Ewww!!! Gross, did you have to do that?” I ask her.

“Yes, yes I did.” And then she proceeds to walk off.

“Ok, well I guess you won’t be a bridesmaid then…” I say.

She skids to a stop and swings around to face me.

“Bridesmaid?” She asks carefully.

She is testing me cause I have given no clues as to who would be my bridesmaids.

“Yep.” I say, popping the ‘p’.

“Yess!!!” she squeals.

I had to cover my ears for a bit cause she went to high for my sensitive ears.

“Okay, I need to find Sapphire.” I tell her.

“Do you know where she is?”

“Nope, but last time I checked she was on her way home.”

“Thanks Angel.” I say.

Giving her a quick hug, I then race home.

“Saph?” I yell as I burst through the front door.

“What?!?” Came her angry reply.

“Can I talk to you?” I ask her sweetly.

“Urg!”

And soon enough I hear loud thuds coming down the stairs.

“What do you want?” She asks me grumpily.

“I was just wondering if you would be my maid of honour?” I ask her innocently.

“Ah, go find someone else to help you…” she says angrily.

“Wait, did you just say maid of honour?” She asks, finally catching on.

I nod.

“Your serious, right?”

I nod again.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!” She screams and pulls me into a bone crushing hug.

“Can’t   Breath   .” I choke out.

“Sorry, but thank you!”

I just simply smile and roll my eyes at her childishness.

“So, um, when are we going dress shopping?” She asks me.

“I have no idea. I haven’t really thought about it I guess.”

“Well, we should go shopping this weekend cause we only have a few weeks left!”

“Kay?” Was my genius reply.

“urg, you are no good at this. This is why you have me and your bridesmaids, we are here to help you.”

“Thanks.” I mutter sarcastically.

“Oh come on, it will be fun!”

“Fine, but I don’t want a hen party. I want to be all nice and well rested for my wedding day, ok?”

“Fine!” She huffs.

“Ok, we need to ring the rest of the girls up and tell them to come over here so we an tell them that they are all bridesmaids as I have only told Angel.”

“Ok, I’m on it!” She mock salutes then phones the gang.

Two hours later I am lying in my bed with a throbbing headache from all the screaming and squealing the girls did when they found out that I picked them as my bridesmaids.

If you hadn’t already guessed, they were really happy and loved me and thanked me like a million times. If I heard one more thank you out of them for the next few days I am sure I would rip their head off.

Chuckling quietly to myself despite the pain, I smile.

I silently message Nathan, letting him know that I was fine and that I would see him tomorrow.

I felt happy with myself and tried to hide the massive smile that kept forming on my face.

But that was just a wasted effort cause it just kept coming back.

So instead of doing anything stupid, I just let my mind drift and I soon fell asleep with a huge smile plastered on my face that wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon.