Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Today is the day. The ball is tonight and we all have the day off school to get ready. Mum ushered Saph and I into her room to get us ready. I love the feeling you get when you get your hair and make-up done for you. It feels so nice. The only thing you really need to worry about if my mum does it is if you are going to get it done on time.

She is a professional and she does a wonderful job. When she was done she spun me around to face a dress. It was the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. It was a light blue material with black lace patterns on it.

It fit me perfectly when I tried it on. Low cut, giving a nice view of the swell of my creamy white breasts. Tight, accentuating the curves I didn’t know I had, down to my waist where it flared out in silky folds, flowing to my feet, that spun out to make a huge halo around me when I would twirl. It was so elegant and the dress design was so simple yet the detailing on it was delicate and exquisite.

The colours matching my hair and eyes as well as the colour of my mark that was in full view because of the dresses’ cut. My sister wanted me to make a grand entrance so she is going to have me walk down the massive stairwell that leads into the ballroom. As I make my way there I wonder what her dress is going to look like. When I am about to turn the corner to the staircase I bump into Saph.

Her dress is amazing. A beautiful ruffled deep purple dress with a silver belt around her waist. Her skirt puffs out like mine but a tad more. As I took in her gown I felt under dressed as she had puffy shoulder sleeves where as I had none at all. She saw my worried face and assured me that I was going to be fine. Only me, Saph and three other girls new about my entrance as they have been over helping us decide when I am going to start descending the stairs and how.

“You are going to be fine!” Saph all but screams at me because she can feel the nerves radiating off me. Chatter fills the air and that means that the ball is about to start. “That is my cue to leave.” Saph says. She leans over and kisses me on the cheek with a quick squeeze before going to join the Ball. The music to the first dance starts signalling my time to go.

Butterflies dance wildly in my stomach as I make my way to the stairs. I peak around the corner to see Saph, Missy, Angel and Melanie at their places looking at me. The all smile encouragingly as I slide out onto the first step. Missy, Angel and Mel gasp in shock at seeing me and everyone else turns to see what they are looking at.

Matt stops what he is doing and his face turns from disappointment to excited in a flash. A spotlight shines on me as I gracefully descend the stairs trying not to fall. Matthew walks to the bottom of the staircase and helps me down onto the ground. I made it down at the right time because the second dance has begun and I smile knowing what will happen next.

“Would you like to dance with me Miss Jacobs?” Matt asks. “Yes, I would be honoured Sir.” And with that we twirled on the dance floor and it was not until we finished the dance that there was only one other couple on the dance floor with us and that was Sapphire and Drake.  A massive applause went around as people commented on how well we danced and half the men wanted to be Matt right now.

All the girls ‘Oohed’ and ‘Aahhed’ at my mark and the human ones asked where I got it done and the supernatural ones exclaimed that they have never seen one as extravagant or detailed as mine and I couldn’t help my blush. The whole Ball was extravagant and amazing. At one point I was asked if I would do them all a favour by singing for them so I happily obliged and sang ‘Good night’ by Reece Mastin.

Everyone loved it and wanted me to sing more. I said I would, but only if Saph sang with me. She did of cause and we sang half the songs everyone listened to at the ball. By this time I was getting tired so I headed over to the refreshments table and got a drink. I noticed Lindsey staring at me and felt tingles go up me spine.

She intensified her gaze so that I was almost shaking and I stared back. She finally turned away and I took that as a victory. But, what the? That was really weird. I know she always stares coldly at me but she has never made me feel like that. Something is wrong. I would prefer not to find out so I walk out into the bathroom to get some air and to touch up my lipstick. As I was walking out the door something caught my eye.

I headed back to see what was going on and noticed Lindsey and Brittany talking. I turned around finding nothing unusual and went back to the ballroom. As I was nearing the exit I heard a familiar voice say “Where are you going?” as a bag was thrown over my head and I was knocked unconscious.

As I drifted I dreamed. I was in someone’s head.

He dropped the cup as an excruciating pain hit his head. He bent down and clutched his head, willing it not to burst on him. He stood up and his face paled as he realised that they we not his feelings. Saph and Drake were at his side in a flash when they could not see me. They went to the bathroom because that was where I had old them I was going last. He ran in there not caring that it’s the girl’s toilets and he stopped to have a sniff around. He came to an abrupt stop when he noticed a single drop of blood on the floor. Since he could smell it he knew whose blood it was strait away. He fell to his knees in agony. Feeling like his heart was being ripped out of his chest. By now most people had come to see what all the fuss was about. He whispered through his cries of hurt, the thing that brought all else in the room to tears “She’s gone.”     

Hey. Please comment and Vote! I would love to know what you all think! Morgan xx