Chapter 14

Breaking News!! NBA Star Tony Barnett of the L.A. Lakers was engageded in a brutal brawl at Club Onyx last night. WItnesses caught footage of Barnett and celebrity trainor Tyson Gibbs wrestling on the ground until security escorted them out. Apparently, Barnett charged at Gibbs after he saw him dancing with his wife, Kelise Barnett. As you know, the couple recently welcomed a baby girl into the world, but their marriage may be on the rocks. Both men were immediately arrested and taken into custody. Looks like Mrs. Barnett has some explaining to do. I'm Rocsi Diaz and this is your ET news. 

Kelise's POV

I craddled baby Kadence in my arms as I watched television. I didn't like the fact that these two men weren fighting over me. After both of them were arrested, Twice called me to get Kalani to babysit Violet until he was released and he also asked if I could pay his bail. Just before he called though, Tony had called me to pay his bail too. I was conflicted. I was really starting to like Twice, but Tony was my first love. My husband. The father of my new born daughter. The birth of the baby was supposed to bring us together, not tear us apart. Well, anyways I had to make a descision on which one of them I should bail out, OR possibly bail out both.

I arrived at the jail having made my descision. I knew that the media would be watching my every move and by now, everyone "assumed" that our marriage was on the rocks.

Tony's POV

"BARNETT, YOU'RE FREE TO GO," the guard yelled as he unlocked the cell that I was in.

"Alright, wifey came through for her man," I thought.

I got inside the car and Kelise looked as if she were disgusted with  me.

" Why didn't you call Mia to come bail you out," she asked rudely.

" You know the media was gonna' be all over my ass about this, I don't need them thinking we're just a messy couple."

"Well, we're not even together anymore."

"Baby, I wanna come home. I want us to be a family again. I can't stand the thought of us raising our daughter separately," I said looking deep into her eyes and holding onto her hands.

"Nope I don't need any of your sh-" I put my finger up to her mouth before she could finish her sentence. I crashed my lips into hers. Our tongues began to dance with each other. She tried to push me back, but I refused to end the kiss. After a few seconds, a few moans escaped from her lips, and I could tell she was enjoying the kiss. I moved my lips down to her neck and stroked her breasts. I instantly grabbed her by the waist and sat her in my lap. She was now straddling me.

" I don't wanna' do this here. And I gotta wait anyways til my sixth week check-up with the doctor. I still got four weeks to go ," Kelise said.

"Aw, damn... I can't never get no pu...," I stopped as she interrupted me with a "WHAT?"

"Nothing," I said. She claimed she always knew how to keep me in my place. 

"Don't say you don't be getting none, cus' I know you been screwing Mia. Why else would she say she was pregnant," Kelise asked me. I was silent after she said that. I didn't have a comeback.

The car ride home was a lil' awkward after that. We arrived at our house about 30 minutes later.

Kelise's POV

Kalani came down the stairs holding Kadence in her arms. Violet was right behind her. I could tell Tony was excited to finally see his daughter. He beamed with joy.

"I remember Kalani, but who's this little Angel," Tony asked referring to Violet.

"Oh, this is Violet, she comes over all the time to play," I said immediately.

"Oh," Tony replied ending the subject. He reached for the baby.

"Hey Kay-Kay. Me and your momma' gone spoil the hell outta' you. I already got you some some pairs of Jordans," Tony said stairing directly into the baby's eyes. I smiled at them. I knew that no matter the outcome of our relationship, Tony would be a good father to his child.  Violet came from behind me and tugged on my shirt.

"What is it sweetie," I asked her calmly.

" Why didn't you bring my daddy back like you promised," she asked.

"Oh. shit," Kalani said.

"Kalani take Violet back upstairs now." I demanded.

"What the hell that lil' girl talkin' bout." Tony asked.

"Nothing. She just talking," I assured him. Tony got silent and thought to himself for a minute. I guess he finally put the pieces together.

"Is that his daughter," he asked referring to Twice. I didn't wanna' lie to him so I told him the truth.

"Yeah," I said.

"Oh hell nah. She can't stay here. I don't want nothing that remind me of that nigga' here. And that lil' girl knew what she was talking about. You did plan on bailing his ass out didn't you," Tony asked. I shook my head no.

"That's okay. I'll be here waiting when he come to pick up his daughter. "

"Now you know you can't get into any more fights," I said to him.

"Well after today, you gone stop having anything to do with him," Tony said.

"K," I said agreeing knowing I was NOT gonna' stop dealing with Twice long because I knew Tony would still deal with MIa.

"And please don't do anything that the media can put on the news. I'm tryna' protect my family's name before they throw dirt on it, Oh and tomorrow, Essence Magazine wants to interview us about our marriage, to let everyone know that it is NOT on the rocks," Tony said.

"Why you tryna' be man of the year now, wanting me to lie to the press.  You wasn't worried when you was smashing my best friend, getting hotels with her n'shit. And your best bet is to keep her away from me," I assured Tony.

I then walked upstairs to check on Kalani and Violet.

Tell me what y'all think.  Y'all think Kelise and Tony will work out their marriage or nah? I've started dedicating each chapter to readers who make themselves known. So comment, vote, etc.  Next update is between now and Tuesday since I got a little free time on my hands. Love you guys~ K_Alexis4life