Chapter 21

Mia's POV

I picked up my phone and surprisingly saw a text message from my daughter who lived with my ex husband. It read "CJ and I want to come live with you. We can't take no more of daddy's overprotectiveness. You're the cool parent."
I laughed to myself remembering that I always had the most fun with my kids. Their dad would enforce rules, and they would go behind his back to ask me if they could do opposite of what he said, knowing I'd let them do what they wanted. Maybe that's why we got divorced. My daughter was only 16 and I knew for a fact that she had already lost her virginity. My son skipped school and got high sometimes. But I was letting them live their lives. I didn't wanna' make their teenage years a living hell.

I thought for a second about what it would be like if my oldest children came to live here with me and Tony. Shit, I barely can keep up this " Super Mommy" act with just one baby here. Imagine what the house would be like with my two oldest children plus Kadence and my newborn baby. I'm not meant for allat. I picked up my phone to text my daughter back.

"I don't know about living with me right now, but maybe you and your brother can come over one weekend," I texted her. I knew it would be difficult for Tony to agree to this at first, but eventually he'll give in since I'm his fiancée.
______________________________________________________
Two weeks later
"DING DONG!"
I nervously walked over to the door and opened it. "Hey my babies," I said to them happily.
"Wassup Ma," CJ said to me giving me dap.
"Aw shit, you ain't tell me you had a lil bun in the oven," he said.
"Ciara knew. I told her to tell you," I responded.
"I told your ass a while back. You probably was high that's how you didn't remember," Ciara said with attitude.
I usually didn't care whether they cursed or not. Since I got a bit of a potty mouth and curse around them, I let them use it around me too. Their daddy didn't play that shit though.
"So you gone let us stand out here and freeze our asses off or are you gone invite us in,"CJ asked. I laughed and motioned for them to come in with their duffle bags.
"Just set y'all bags over there next to the couch and I'll show you where to take them after we eat dinner," I told them. As soon as we walked into the dining room, Kadence was sitting in her high chair and Tony was sitting at the end of the long glass table.
"Wassup y'all," Tony said to Ciara and CJ.
"YO, YOU'RE ONE OF THE GREATEST BALLERS IN THE NBA", CJ exclaimed, If you were my daddy, I woulda' been so cold on the basketball court."
"CJ be respectful of  the father you already got," I said sternly.
Tony laughed. No matter how awful I was of a parent to them, their daddy always treated them right and taught them important life skills. So I didn't allow them to talk bad about him.

"Let's eat," I said to everyone.
I began feeding Kadence her baby food while everyone else ate. I could feel my stomach growling because I hadn't eaten all day since I had to go shopping then cook the food. I was patient though. I waited till Tony finished eating all of his food, so I could ask him if he could take Kadence so I could eat.

"Tony, you mind taking the baby so I can eat something. I'm starving," I said desperately.
"I can't right now I gotta make a phone call," he said getting up from the table typing on his iPhone.

"You need to get your damn child right now so that I can put some food in my belly for our child, dammit," I said angrily. Tony looked up at me slowly. Suddenly, he threw his phone in my direction. Luckily I ducked and it hit the ground, shattering its screen.

"I said I gotta go make a phone call. Now be a wife and do your wifely duties," he said sternly.

"AYE PUNK, DINT BE THROWING SHIT AT MY MOTHER*CKING MOMMA," CJ said pointing his finger at Tony's face. Tony came over by me and picked up his phone. He laughed then said to CJ, "You're just a lil kid. You don't understand." He then walked out of the room.

"Momma you can't just sit here and accept that, you need to get away from him. He's crazy," Ciara said as a tear escaped from her eye.

"It was my fault. I shouldn't have talked to him like that. Those were just hormones talking anyway," I said.
Ciara and CJ both hugged me.
______________________________________________________ 
Later that night

I was still angry and Tony. I didn't say a word to him. I was contemplating something in my mind. I finally decided that I was gonna' help Kelise somehow get her baby back without her knowing it. I'd make her think she did everything necessary to get her baby back. The reason I decided to help her get Kadence back was because I didn't want Kadence to interfere with Tony not focusing on our baby when it was born. I wasn't about to give up on our relationship.