2 | The Leaky Cauldron

Annabeth POV

We landed on an old street, in what I sort of recognized as what SHOULD be England.

"Ok. On the back of this list that Chiron gave us we need to find some pub/INN called The Leaky Cauldron to get to Diagon Ally." I explain.

"Well, come on. We need to look for this place. And FAST. Percy made us late. It's already 8:00." Hazel pointed at Percy accusingly.

"Sorry! I am not a morning person! And Annabeth I still haven't gotten that kiss for getting up." Percy said.

I felt my cheeks heat up from a light blush. "What?" Jason asked trying to hide a laugh.

"In order to get him up I told him I would kiss him... So yeah...." I said awkwardly.

"And I still haven't gotten it." Percy repeated.

"Later Seaweed Brain. And hurry guys! Look!" I quickly changed the subject.

As we walked down the street I saw two brick buildings. Out of the corner of my eye as I passed it I saw something that wasn't there a second before. In that split second I saw that the name of it was The Leaky Cauldron.

"I saw it!" I yelled and pointed at the empty space between the two bricks buildings. "Well I thought it was. Maybe only people with magical abilities can see it. Hmmm... Concentrate on it." I stared at the empty space between the buildings. The Leaky Cauldron appeared right in front of me.

"I see it! Come on!" Piper said. The nine of us walked across the street and through the front door.

"I assume you kids are here to go to Diagon Ally considering your ages. Do you know how to go through the wall?" A man behind the desk said.

"Umm, no?" I said.

"Follow me." I reluctantly followed him and shrugged at my friends.

We went into the back room and faced a brick wall. The man took out a wand and tapped a few brick. The bricks moved themselves into an archway kind of thing.

"Woah..." I heard Leo mumble. I just rolled my eyes for the second time today which is unusual.

I lead my friends through the archway and took out the list.

"We need to go to Gringotts to trade our money for Wizarding money. Leo do you have any small pouches we can use?" I say.

"Yeah sure." Leo reaches into his belt and pulls out 9 small bags and hands them out.

"Ok I got the money lets go." We walk up to a building that looked a bit like a bank plus it said something like gtotsGnri. I figured out that it probably said Gringotts..

"Hey guys? How are we going to be able to cast the spells like wizards?" Frank asked. Realization dawned on everyones face.

"Oh yeah ummm Hecate gave us her blessing, so now we can cast spells like them." I explain remembering Hecate visiting me when I should've been asleep.

We keep walking up to a Goblin thing at the head of a long room. He looked up at us and asked for our vault number or money to trade in. I handed him the 2000 dollars in mortal (or muggle) money that Chiron had given me. He told us how there are 29 Knuts in a Sickle and 17 Sickles in a Galleon. Galleons are gold, Sickles are silver, and Knuts are bronze. He gave us 198 Galleons, 10 Sickles, and 10 Knuts. I thanked him and we left.

First, we need to go to get our robes. Then we can each go get a pet. Then books and last we get out wands.

The others for some reason made me leader, so they just made me lead them everywhere. I didn't really care because I would've made them do that anyway, but I stilled would have liked them to ask me to be leader not just force it upon me without notice.