Chapter 10

Roman, Logan, and Virgil had been walking for what seemed like ages. The hallways all looked the same, but they grew darker and dustier and creepier the longer they trekked. The sides passed many dark doors, a dark pink one, a dark yellow one, a dark dark blue one, and a dark green one.

Every door looked the same. "Logan I thought you knew the way." Roman complained. "I do. Doesn't mean I know which door is his." Logan snarked back. "Guys, we're all tired but I bet we're almost there." Virgil added, trying to mimic Patton's optimistic outlook. Then; Logan heard something. A cry.

He stopped dead in his tracks and Roman smacked into him. "Ouch!" The fanciful side cried out. "Shush. Do you hear that?" Logan asked. The trio listened in silence and there it was again. A very muffled "help."

Roman looked at Logan and Virgil and announced "Back up." before kicking he door in. This had to be it. Deceit's room.  It was dimly lit and very warm, with almost no sign that anybody lived there, besides a round nest-like bed and an elegant wardrobe stood in the corner.

The wardrobe shook, and they heard Patton's anguished voice cry out. "Please..... help me." very faintly. Logan quickly picked the lock on the door, and revealed Patton, crumpled up miserably on the floor of the mahogany closet. Roman scooped him up, and sucked in a sharp breath of air when he saw blood threaded through Patton's curly hair.

The sides bustled back into the hallway and Logan teleported them to Patton's room. "Why didn't you just teleport us there?" Roman asked breathlessly as the trio watched Patton sleep, an ice pack balanced on his forehead and bandages wrapped his arm, cheek, back and head.

"Because," Logan answered "we haven't been there before and I couldn't guarantee that I would have ended up in the right place." Patton stirred in his sleep, and Virgil, who was cuddled up next to him, carefully pulled him in for a hug.

Patton wouldn't recover quickly. His wounds would heal over time, but he would never forget this. They all knew this, of course. It would be a gradual thing, and they would give Patton their patience.