82

Chapter Eighty-Two

~When It Strikes A Certain Cord, Strings Get Cut~

Warning: triggers, violence, mentions of rape.

Dre

"How are you today Dre?" My therapist asked. I looked out the small window and thought of going out side and not being here. But I knew that if I were to think of that I will become home sick Or RJ sick because I miss her a lot.

"Have you been feeling okay?" She asked today. I looked back to her casue usually its a different pattern of questions.

I didn't feel like answering questions today, I told her that I wasn't feeling the questions and she nodded.

"Only this time can you skip the questions, lets get ready for the activity. Today we are going to do crowd control and how to function within crowds.

...

Dakota

"Ma, where's the milk?" I asked panicking that there wasn't any milk for the cereal I just poured.

"I don't know, maybe we ran out. Ill go to the store later." She yelled from upstairs. I turned around mad that I had to put my cereal back in the box but saw Dawn enjoying a huge bowl of milk. I frowned and glared at her.

"You took the last of the milk in the bowl that's unusally big? That doesn't give good portions of milk?" I snapped. She looked up with irritation. I tilted my head and crossed my arms gripping my sides.

"I was extra hungry, I thought it would be better to finish the milk rather than leave it at a portion that wasn't useful. I thought I did the right thing."

"If you had used the right bowl, there would be one more bowl of cereal before mom had to go out and get some more." I said feeling my nails dig into my skin. I felt as If today was already a horrible day, that nothing was going to go right but instead off track.

"Its fucking Milk Dakota, shut the fuck up." She snapped at me finishing her milk and putting her bowl it the sink. I needed there to be on more portion of milk. I divided and counted how many bowls we could get in the last week of using it, and now its one short. Its off. Its not even. And its Dawns fault.

"Its not just milk! Its milk, but I made sure that everyone could have at least one bowl of cereal a day before mom had to go out and get a new gallon. You don't understand do you?!" I said turning around feeling the tears burn my eyes. "I worked so hard to make it even and make it useful for everyone and you literally just ruined it all. Now I have to make sure for the next gallon everyone can maybe have two bowls everyday and its not even enough for that unless mom buys a gallon and a  half gallon. But money is tight, we cant just waste milk like that."

"Dakota, you're over thinking this." Dawn said walking towards me crossing her eyes. I couldn't care less if she was mad or upset.

"No, I am not. You just don't get it." I snapped. I walked away from her and headed towards the kitchen table.

"What's going on?" Mom snapped scaring both me and Dawn. We turned to look at my and Dawn snorted and walked past me angrily.

"Put him on higher meds. I cant stand his OCD bullshit." She turned and walked to the back door.

"Its not bullshit Dawn, I was being thoughtful of everyone and not just myself." I blurted. I felt my body shake and sweat, my eyes burned from tears from yet another ruined project that just ruined my whole day and smoking wasn't going to help it. Mom sighed and shook her head at Dawn muttering something to her that I didn't care enough to listen in for.