79

Chapter Seventy Nine

~ After all this time~

One Month Later ... DRE

I sat across my biggest obstacle. He sat there and I sat here. His grim look was enough to scare me shitless. He had cuffs around his wrists and ankles. He can't do much to me.

Or at least that's what I keep thinking.

"Mr. John Grizz. We are here today as the first meeting to cover your relationship with Dre." A nurse said from my institution, I think that's what they call the place I live in. He looked to the lady and looked her up and down with a shitty grin.

"What relationship? I never wanted him I thought he'd be normal." He said simply. "I should have offed you when I had the chance." He smiled at me. Jail had not been treating him nicely. He looks beat up and tired.

"You and Dre must have gotten along at some point."

"My wife who should be dead, gave birth to a pussy. What more can I say. What I can tell you is that Dre's still a piece of shit and I'd love to get a little closer to his neck."

I stood up and turned to the door that was locked behind me. I needed to get out. My throat was closing, tears started to burn my eyes. I shook my head as if maybe it could help block his voice out.

"Awe running away. How fun."

The nurse came next to me and put her hand on my shoulder.

No.

I pushed her hand away and gripped the door knob and my other hand instinctively on my neck.

I should have died that day, but I didn't. Why didn't I die?

"Still a pussy. Always will be." My father said. Once the door was unlocked I sprinted through to the other side and slid against the door. The nice guy suddenly was by
My side with no hands on me put his own knees.

"Would you like to go back to your room?" He asked. I nodded feeling the panic rose further and further to the surface. I couldn't stop this one. I stood up best I could and started my way to my room. I knew this was going to be a horrible idea. This was NOT going to end well and I never want to see him again.

"Im sorry Dre, I can tell how hard it is to see your father. I hope that the judge will make it to where you dont have to see him." The kind guy said. I nodded as I walked a little slow and dazed. My head hurt so bad and all I wanted to was to go under the blankets and never leave.

In order to get to my room we had to pass through the court yard and the cafe area. I didn't want to deal with anyone and I especially didn't want to be looked at by all those other people.

"So I found a movie you would like, it's a Disney movie though. Are you okay with Disney?"

I nodded weakly and suddenly I felt sick to my stomach. All my thoughts and worries were piling up in my stomach. I think I'm going to puke. I signed to the nice guy and he stopped walking with me.

"Here, take a seat, I'll go grab water in a minute for you. I have to make sure I can find someone to watch you as I leave." He said. I put my hand on his wrists and smiled weakly.

'No, I am okay. May I ask your name again..'
I signed to him and looked away ashamed that I still don't know his name. He smiled at me and stood up straight to his full height.

"Nixon. I'm surprised you even asked. No one asks for names around here." He laughed a bit and stood with me until I felt a little better. I glanced at Nixon, whose lips were in a perky smile and red cheeks. I guess no one really doesn't ask him much.