Only Now, Did I Realize How Much Hitting The Ground Hurts

"Eri?" Midoriya asked. It was soft, but despite the pounding rain, the sound carried. "W-who's Eri?"

Yui took a couple steps back, hands visibly shaking.

"No." She breathed, expression switching back and forth between one of fury and one of terror. "No - how do you know that?!"

Bakugou's heart leapt into his throat. He was right.

"I was there - when Overhaul came - We all saw you get dragged away, and I tried to stop him!"

Yui - no, Eri -, took another step back, almost at the edge of the building. 

"You were there that day." She mumbled.

Midoriya looked confused. "Wait - I'm lost," he said. "Who's Eri?"

"I'M ERI, YOU IDIOTIC TWIG!!" Eri had finally snapped, gun pointed straight at Midoriya's head. Her face was scrunched up into one of absolute anger and hatred. "I'm Eri, and four years ago, I swore I'd NEVER trust anyone again!"

Knuckles white around the gun, Eri moved it from Midoriya's head to Bakugou's. Midoriya gasped, but Bakugou held his ground. 

"And do you know why all this happened?" Eri hissed. "Because one, selfish, greedy, HUMAN FILTH of a man killed me over and over for my quirk." Eri took another step forward, Midoriya and Bakugou taking two steps back. "It's ALWAYS quirks. I died long before I even got up here, over a quirk. You, the great and terrible League leader, almost killed yourself, over a quirk. This society is rotten and broken, BECAUSE OF QUIRKS!!" Eri had lost it, screaming now at the top of her lungs. "I hate them! All they do is hurt and kill and poison others!! It's a curse!!"

"I don't - if I saw you four years ago, and you were five then, then shouldn't you be nine?" Bakugou asked, palms crackling from nerves.

"You think I have an age-related quirk for a reason?!" Yui growled. "If I can make people older, then I could certainly do it to myself, right?"

"You're nine years old?!" Midoriya exclaimed in disbelief, just in time for Eri to turn the gun back towards him.

"Shut it." She hissed. "You're not worth my time"

"Yui - I thought we were in this together!!" Midoriya cried out, taking a step towards her. "I don't like the system either, so why -"

"Why?!" Eri hissed, taking another step closer. "Because you're a sniveling idiot who wears his heart on his sleeve and can't do what needs to be done to change our world! All you do is be a minor inconvenience to heroes and back down the minute there's dick involved!"

Midoriya went bright red. "Yui," he hissed, pulling himself into a defensive stance. "What did you just say?"

"I said -" Eri was cut off by a blur of green racing forward and knocking the gun out of her hands. Eri twisted to her left, landing a kick in Midoriya's face, which he retaliated by jabbing an elbow into her side.