✧ 25 ✧

im realising how messy this book is and im starting to hate it :/
i love this plot.. but i don't like my writing.. ugh.. sorry for any mistakes n stuff, i wasnt able to edit this one :(

word count: 1,238

  ✧ ✧✧ 

Jungwoo's grip on Donghyuck's hand was deathly tight as they stood in front of Johnny's house. Everything reminded him of the night at Lucas's, even the bongs sitting along on the front porch.

Donghyuck turned to his friend, running his fingers through his hair and smiling gently at him. "Hey, you'll be ok." He said softly. "We'll all be right here for you. And you know.. I'll always punch someone for you."

Jungwoo let out a nervous chuckle as he looked at his feet. They didn't want to move. "Yeah, I know.. But I can stick up for myself some times." He looked over at Donghyuck. "I slapped Lucas in the face, remember?"

"Yeah and it hurt." Lucas said, suddenly appearing next to Jungwoo as he chuckled.

"I would say I'm sorry, but you were a dick that night. Now, you're better."

Lucas didn't want to say anything, instead he weakly chuckled and shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck. He knew Jungwoo forgave him for that night anyway.

"Lucas," Donghyuck suddenly spoke up. "I will still punch you if you ever hurt him again."

The latter could only roll his eyes and smile. He looked down at the two, playfully flicking Donghyuck's forehead then grabbing Jungwoo's hand. Donghyuck imediately started to yell, while Jungwoo began to smile and look at his now held hand. Recently, his mind had been flooded with thoughts of Lucas. He enjoyed it a lot. He enjoyed it so much that he'd end up looking around his room blankly but with a smile on his face, thinking about him. The way he talked, the way he laughed, the way he smiled-- especially about the way he smiled--, how tall he was, and how amazing he sounded when he talked to Jungwoo. Jungwoo swore he could melt. Suddenly, the pressure and anxiety came back in a rush as he got snapped back into reality from Donghyuck calling his name.

"Tell him, Jungwoo!" Donghyuck yelled.

Jungwoo's head shot up, eyes wide as he blinked a couple times. "Wh-What?" He mumbled.

Donghyuck sighed and shook his head. "Never mind." He said. He knew Jungwoo was thinking of Lucas, so he couldn't help but smile anyway. "Cmon, Kun, Doyoung, stop being four- fifth wheels and let's go inside."

"Sorry, we were having a good conversation." Kun chuckled.

"Good? You were rambling about math, AS we are going to a party. Outside of school. That's meant to distract us from school." Doyoung shook his head but started to walk inside anyway, Kun and Donghyuck following behind him.

Lucas watched them, but soon instead turned to Jungwoo. "You ready?" He asked as he held his hand tighter. He smiled at him comfortingly, and it made Jungwoo melt.

"I guess so." Jungwoo sighed, pouting as he looked downwards. "Do we have a plan of action?"

"Follow them for now."

Lucas kept a hold on Jungwoo's hand as they walked into the party, following Kun, Doyoung and Donghyuck through a crowd that made Jungwoo's throat feel tight. He kept close to Lucas's side, not caring if people stared at them (but he didn't even know if they were, he was too focused looking at his friends).

Donghyuck and Doyoung headed straight for the drinks. Of course, Donghyuck wasn't legal, but it was a highschool party, no on was legal to drink, they just had to act sober when the cops came around.

Jungwoo didn't like alcohol, especially not after his last encounter with alcohol around. Lucas didn't seem to want to touch a drink either, instead he got some apple juice for him and Jungwoo. A big jug of it. Kun only had sips from only bottle of beer, while Doyoung and Donghyuck got as much as they could.  They wanted to have fun.

Eventually they headed to a quieter corner. Jungwoo could hear Doyoung muttering something to Kun and Donghyuck but he couldn't make out any words. The three all found chairs to sit on, for now, while Lucas and Jungwoo were left standing and leaning against the wall.

"Aren't you going to visit Johnny, Lucas?" Kun spoke up.

Lucas simply shrugged, letting go of Jungwoo but then readjusting his arm to around his waist. "I'll run into him at some point. Plus.. He'll understand. He's a nice guy, really, he's just hanging with the wrong people." It was barely noticeable but Lucas had the smallest frown on his face. He was pitiful of some of the people he left, and he missed them.

Meanwhile, Jungwoo had found himself blushing ever so slightly as he found Lucas's arm holding him closer. He so desperately wanted to snuggle up to him and relax, but the thought of constant easing was still in his mind.

"It seems like a lot of people are hanging out with the wrong people.. Aka, everyone who's with Taeyong and Mark." Doyoung said, copying Lucas with the smallest frown.

The latter looked down towards the ground, nodding again. A small silence between the group came over, but it was soon stopped. 

"Le- Let's not think about that stuff." Jungwoo suddenly spoke, his voice still soft yet just loud enough to be heard over every other person in the room. "We came here to have fun.. Right? To- To distract ourselves from school, you said, Doyoung?"

Doyoung nodded but couldn't help himself as he chuckled at Jungwoo's small stutters. "Yep, that's right, how about we play a game?"

"Yes! Something fun!" Donghyuck said with a smile, clapping his hand against his forearm so he didn't smack his drink. "Something funny too! Like when we dared Kun to run down the street in his boxers!"

The males giggled and chuckled as Kun squinted his eyes at Donghyuck. "I thought we agreed to never speak of that night again." He said, glaring at him.

"Only cause Jungwoo-"

"Donghyuck!!" Jungwoo suddenly yelled, his cheeks going red and eyes widening.

"What?" Lucas suddenly perked up, his eyebrows raising like a dog's ears when they smell food. "What did Jungwoo do?"

"Nothing, Lucas! Nothing!" Jungwoo said as he shook his head.

Smirks grew over the three troublesome boys who hid Jungwoo's secret within them. "Hmm, I don't think it was nothing." Doyoung said, tapping his chin. "I specifically remember you-"

"Doyoung, shut up!" Jungwoo reached over, hitting the older's arm as he blushed furiously.

"No, don't shut up! I'm curious!" Lucas chuckled before turning to Jungwoo. "I'm sure it's not too bad, really." He smiled, and it made Jungwoo go silent for a bit as they looked at each other. That smile could be the death of him one day.

And Donghyuck could see that smile was a weakness, a distraction. He stood up, making Lucas turn to him while Jungwoo kept staring at the male's smile. Jungwoo was so oblivious. So oblivious that Donghyuck managed to step closer to Lucas, making it so no one outside of their circle could hear. He leaned closer to his ear just as Jungwoo saw him, but it was too late now, Donghyuck whispered Jungwoo's secret into his ear.

The latter's expression dropped, going from a soft expression to a nervous wreck.

Lucas, who just heard the one thing Jungwoo didn't want him to hear, removed his arm from his waist and turned to him while Donghyuck sat down next to the others who helped him torment poor baby Jungwoo.

"You cross dress?" Lucas smiled.