✧ 24 ✧

every time i find myself not being able to write, i come back and look at comments and magically find myself able to write again. thank you, guys. and thank you for 22k reads, i appreciate it a lot, i really love this book and all of you, even though motivation is my weakness.

word count: 1,037

  ✧ ✧✧ 

Jungwoo couldn't wait to get home. His leg was aching and he forgot to take his pain killers to school.  Yet, he was thankful he was able to walk with Lucas for a while until he parted to go to one of his friends house. They talked mainly about school and Jungwoo's recovery. The conversation ended way too soon when they arrived at the smaller boy's home gates. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." Lucas said, gently patting the top of Jungwoo's head, but the latter gently pushed his hand away before fixing his hair.

"Tomorrow's the weekend, we don't have school, Lucas." Jungwoo chuckled before putting down his hand.

"But- Didn't I- Shit, I didn't ask you, did I?"

Jungwoo's eyebrows furrowed. "Didn't ask me what?" He asked confusedly.

"Okay," the older sighed, "There's probably no chance of you saying yes now.. Actually, there was probably no chance at all, I must've just dreamt it u-"

"But what is it? There's always a chance, you know."

"I know, but-"

Jungwoo noticed how Lucas seemed to tense up, running his fingers through his own dark brown hair and averting his gaze to Jungwoo's damaged knee. He reached up, gently pulling his hand out of his locks and holding it instead. "It's fine, Lucas. It's not like I'll hate you. What's up?" He asked, his soothing voice seeming like it was calming Lucas and even the little puppy next door who had started to bark at an innocent animal.

Lucas's tension dropped, but he was still nervous. He inhaled. "Johnny is having a party tomorrow. I know the last party you had was.. An utter disaster.. But, I swear this will be amazing. Johnny is actually amazing, he's the sweetest person ever, and even Donghyuck, Kun and Doyoung are coming. You can stay with us the whole time, and I'll make sure we stay away from Taeyong and Mark." His teeth dug into his bottom lip once he finished, and Jungwoo did the same. Jungwoo didn't know what to say. He wanted to create good experiences with his friends and he'd be glad to go to a party with them, but the idea of Taeyong and Mark being there made him scared. He didn't want anything bad to happen to him or his friends. He tightened his hold on Lucas's hand, causing him to open his mouth again.

"I swear that myself and the other three will protect you."

"Lucas, I.. You- You know what happened last time.. You definitely do."

"I do know, but it will be different this time. It's a big house so we can keep away from them and anyone you want. If you really wanted to, us five could even just sit in an empty room and chill."

Jungwoo's gaze adverted from Lucas's desperate gaze and instead went to the floor. He took an inhale. "You really want to go?" He asked with a slight pout.

"Yes, and I want to go with you."

Jungwoo grumbled under his breath, kicking his feet then shuffling forward and wrapping his arms around the taller mine. "Fine, for you, but everyone has to have their phones on at all times." He mumbled.

Lucas smiled widely, hugging Jungwoo so tightly the heels of his feet coming off of the ground. "Thank you, Jungwoo!" He chuckled. "We'll take care of you and you can stay by any of us at all times."

"Mhm, mhm, of course, now lemme go inside and prepare myself."

"It's not until tomorrow night, Jungwoo."

"I know but I've gotta prepare for them good ol' anxiety attacks!.. Haha.." Jungwoo huffed at the end, his cheeks going pink from the embarrassment he felt. Lucas looked down at him, tilting his head then chuckling.

"Ok, cutie." He said before ruffling his hair. "I'll pick you up tomorrow at 8 then we'll pick up the other three, you've just got to direct me there."

Jungwoo nodded and stepped back Lucas, but he ended up hugging him again anyway. Soon enough, they said their goodbyes with Jungwoo earning a small peck on his cheek, which obviously made his soft pink cheeks turn into a darker shade. Jungwoo shyly turned towards his house's gate, waving to Lucas as he left to his house, and Lucas to his own.

---

"You know.. I hate you, Donghyuck." Jungwoo said into his phone while putting on his dark denim jacket. "How could you not have even spoken about this party? You go crazy about parties and you haven't even said a word about this!"

"Do you wanna dye your hair?" Donghyuck asked, avoiding Jungwoo's words. "You'd look really cute with different coloured hair, something light."

"I- Donghyuck, don't avoid it, I'm curious." Jungwoo pouted as he continued searching his room for anything he should take to the party.

"Well.. I dunno, I guess I was just distracted. But do you wanna dye your hair?"

Jungwoo sighed, rolling his eyes as he propped up his backpack on a chair. "It depends what colour. And nothing to bright."

"Bright would suit you, Jungwoo."

"Well yeah but nothing to bright.. Nothing like green or yellow or a bright pink."

"Soft pink? Kinda dull?"

"Eh.. Not straight away, not for the first time."

The male packed in an extra sweater and pants, a water bottle, his own cup, and a portable charger. He wanted to be careful, he didn't want to get in another mess. Jungwoo quickly stood up straight as he heard a car horn outside of his house. He gulped and zipped up his bag. "I think Lucas is here." He said into the phone before glancing at the time; 8:02pm.

"Oh, ok, I'll see you soon, Jungwoo. Just breathe and stay calm, it'll be fine."

"Mhm.." Jungwoo nodded as he swung his bag onto his back and over his shoulders. "I'll see you soon, Hyuckie." He nervously turned off his phone, sliding it into his pocket before walking downstairs, saying goodbye to his parents then leaving and shutting the door behind him. Seeing Lucas standing outside of his car, hand up and waving, made Jungwoo's breath shake. He pulled his bag strap over his shoulder more, taking a deep breath before he stepped towards Lucas.

   ✧ ✧✧ 

A/N:

ALSO ASTRO STILL HASNT RELEASED THEIR MV AND IM ANGRY GRRRRR FANTAGIO YOU SUCKKKK

EDIT: THEY RELEASED IT JUST AS I PUBLISHED THIS WTF