✧ 2 ✧

word count: 1567

The day was slow and oddly quiet. Usually Taeyong, Mark, one of their puppets they sent, or even the whole group would annoy Jungwoo, poking his buttons mentally and physically; they'd pick on him for his softer features and, of cause, that pesky rumor about his sexuality. Jungwoo knew he was gay, but once the rumors and bullying started, he decided to hide it.

"Hey, Jungwoo~"

The peace was disturbed. Jungwoo turned his head to the side. He was at the cafeteria along with Kun and Doyoung, the two chatting while Jungwoo was with his thoughts, but not anymore. He came face to face with one of Taeyong and Mark's puppets, but he didn't know his name. A bag was hanging from one of his shoulders loosely, but his hand was there to help it stay on. He was one of the only two quiet ones, so he never had even heard his voice before.

"Uh, hi.." Jungwoo muttered, scanning the surrounding area for any more puppets or the rats themselves. Kun suddenly nudged Doyoung, getting the younger to shut up and gesturing towards Jungwoo and the male. They went quiet as they watched what happened, unaware if something was about to happen.

The male sat down next to Jungwoo without warning and placed his bag at his feet, making Jungwoo scoot over as he suddenly became more frightened. His eyes scanned around again, only to land on Doyoung who shrugged. "Oh? Am I interrupting something?" The male asked, looking around at the group. "You all seem.. Quiet.. Oh, you think is this because of Taeyong and Mark?" He asked, acting as if it was some script.

The three just nodded, not letting a peep out of their mouths. Usually Donghyuck was here to speak up for them. He might have been smaller and younger, but he let his mouth run wild. And sometimes fists too, but he wouldn't do anything too harsh, just enough to get them left alone.

"Ah.. Don't worry, I'm not here because of them." The male said, offering a warm smile. "My name is Lucas, by the way. I'm not sure if you knew, you never seem to even glance at me." He chuckled, now just speaking to Jungwoo.

Jungwoo shrugged a little and glanced at the table. "Well, it's hard when I've got people all up in my face.. Maybe if you actually shouted things like faggot at me, I'd see you.." He mumbled, obviously being sarcastic at the end. He reached into his pocket to retrieve his phone as a way of avoiding the situation, and Kun and Doyoung went back to their conversation while also eating. However, just as Jungwoo turned the phone on, he heard a sigh next to him and a sudden pair of large, warm hands appeared on his cheeks. His head was turned and he found himself looking back at Lucas. He was closer than before.

"Now can you see me?" Lucas asked in a more hushed voice, but he then just smirked and chuckled.

Jungwoo immediately moved himself away from his grasp, and he even heard Kun choking on his apple from the other side of the table while Doyoung furiously patted his back, also laughing but trying to contain himself as he saw the panic in Jungwoo's eyes. Jungwoo felt his heart fasten as he scooted further away from Lucas, the fear mainly stemming off of knowing he was Taeyong and Mark's friend or "puppet".

Lucas sighed, placing his hands in his lap but facing towards Jungwoo. "Sorry," he started, relaxing his voice "didn't mean to startle you. But, anyways, you have maths next, right?" He asked, earning a nod from the older. "Oh, nice, me too! You probably knew that.. God, I'm an idiot."

Lucas was a little all over the place, which made Jungwoo smile a little as he saw it but immediately stopped when he spoke again. "So, anyways, wanna go together? I know it's early but I could use some help on the homework.. If that's ok, of course." Lucas said with a tiny smile.