✧ 21 ✧

yall idek where i went but im so sorry-
although, some good news is that i got a new computer so my keyboard isnt all fucked!

word count: 1,051

✧ ✧✧

It had been months after Jungwoo's incident and he still had trouble walking. Only recently he got off of his crouches but he was still instructed to not run for weeks or go up steep angles. Jungwoo was both glad and not, mainly glad because he didn't have to do physical education but also not since some of the activities were fun, and sometimes he still struggled to walk. He knew he would be fine soon.

People at school were nicer, Mark and Taeyong left him alone for a while since they knew they could get into big trouble. He occasionally would share glances with them in halls and in class but nothing else. Donghyuck had stuck by Jungwoo as much as he could, sometimes even sneaking into his class to help him out. Then there was Lucas. Lucas had seemed confused and conflicted ever since Jungwoo came back. Sometimes he would be with Donghyuck and Jungwoo, but if Donghyuck wasn't there, neither was Lucas. Sometimes Jungwoo would catch him chatting to Mark and Taeyong briefly, and it made him a little scared.

Two weeks after Jungwoo had been off crutches, on one of his bad days, Donghyuck was helping him walk down the hallway to the cafeteria. His knee was lightly aching and he just felt tired, so his arm slung over the youngers shoulder for that extra support. Thankfully they only had one class afterwards and it was sport so Jungwoo could get away with not doing anything. He just had to survive lunch first. As they walked down the hall, they met up with Lucas who tagged along behind them. The latter ended up complaining to the other two about his last class and how he had an old substitute lady teacher who never wore a bra and was rude to almost everyone in the class. Nobody liked her. Not even the sweetest and most friendliest students or teachers did.

"There's so many complaints about her, how hasn't she been fired yet?" Lucas argued as he went in front of the two and opened the cafeteria door for them.

"Maybe she secretly bribes the principle." Donghyuck shrugged, not really caring about the topic.

Lucas sighed as he held the door open for the two. Once they entered, he let go and went back beside them, continuing his rant about the very annoying teacher and how she told him off for choking on his saliva. Jungwoo was busy finding a seat for them, since some newcomers stole their original seat, so he wasn't listening to the small rant. Eventually he found a vacant table. He pointed it out to the younger two before breaking free of Donghyuck and hobbling over to it. A sigh full of relief past his lips once he sat down, his leg and body finally being able to get some rest. Jungwoo had carried his bag around all day to make it easier for himself, and it really was easier, because otherwise he would've forgotten to go to his locker and get his food.

The younger two pulled out their lunches as well and soon the three of them were quietly eating, having small chats here and there about whatever came to mind. Jungwoo looked over at his two friends. He was glad Donghyuck had came to trust Lucas. Now the two could actually speak about something without Donghyuck glaring at Lucas the whole time. The older male faintly smiled to himself. Everything had seemed to calm down, and all it took was a dislocated knee. It wasn't the best deal but it was somehow worth it. Well, it was worth it until Jungwoo had looked to the side and found himself looking straight at two people who were heading his way. Jungwoo straightened his back and gulped as they neared.

"Hey." One said, also catching Lucas and Donghyuck's attention. Donghyuck's eyebrows furrowed. "We need to talk.."

---

"Oh my god, what the fuck is wrong with you?" An angered red haired male shouted, scolding the younger brunette who was assumed to be his best friend. "What the hell happened to you, huh? The fucking newcomer deserved what he had coming for sitting at our table, but you apologised. Who are you?!"

Mark sighed and leaned back in his chair. His head turned away. He didn't care for Taeyong's yelling at that moment, he didn't need it at that moment.

"What happened to the Mark Lee who'd push his shit off of the table to teach the kid a lesson? I thought you liked dominance, Mark." Taeyong said, flicking the younger's forehead before taking his seat. He got out his poorly made sandwich while leaning on his elbows. He glared at the male in front of him as he took a bite from his lunch. "What's up with you, huh?" He mumbled with his mouth full of food. "You've been acting weird all day."

"Nothing, nothing." Mark said as he sat up, shaking his head. He had no food that day, he was in too much of a rush to pack it. "Just didn't get much sleep, that's all. Anyways, what's it like with Soyeon? I heard she was into you."

"Yeah.. I guess."

"You guess? What the hell does that mean?" Mark asked.

"I guess she likes me." The older shrugged. "I think I'll do a hit and run, if you get what I mean." A small smirk came onto his lips and soon a chuckle escaped them. Mark just rolled his eyes and shook his head, a small smile forming on his lips from Taeyong's idioticy. His head turned and he scanned around the room. Soon their so called puppets arrived: Johnny, Ten, and Jaehyun. Ten was sipping on some 'apple juice' he managed to sneak in while Johnny and Jaehyun were speaking in English to each other. Mark could understand them, but he didn't really care. 

Mark kept looking around the cafeteria and eventually his eyes landed on someone. He hummed as he thought before turning to Taeyong. "Oi, Taeyong." He said before pointing over to the person. Taeyong's eyebrows raised.

"You sure?"

"Why not?"

"All right then, your fault if we get in trouble." Taeyong chuckled. The two stood up, telling their puppets they'd be back before they left the table.