chapter 18

Gemma's POV

me and Demi were on our way to my grandparents in Cardiff, they don't live in the big city part of Cardiff because they have a surprise out their bark yard which requires a lot of room, which I haven't told demi about so that should be fun.

we are going to be here for about a week and a half and I want to be able to see my uncle David but he lives in England so its very hard.

I'm very excited to see everyone over the next week I haven't seen most of them in years, they obviously have seen me. my nan told me over the phone a few weeks ago that they have all been following my career which makes me really happy.

I pull into my nans drive and demi notices how big their house is, it isn't a mansion but it's you know, big. I bought them this house not long ago as a thank you for helping me with my career. I also send my family money every month even though they don't ask for it, I want my family to live a good life. its my way of repaying them for always being there for me.

in their drive I count, one quad bike, one motorbike, two jet skis and a big Jeep. yeah my family love this sort of thing. so I think demi is going to have heaps of fun.

I look towards the garage and I see loads more cars I wonder shy their there.

we step out of the car and I quickly change into my heels, I look at demi and she shakes her head at me. I grab her hand and pull her towards the front door.

I hear loud voices from behind the door, I recognise them straight away, that's my family, that made me smile, that's who's cars at in the garage. yeah we are quite a loud family when it comes to a discussion. we all got something to say at the same time and we have no patience.

I look at demi and she looks nervous, I give her a kiss which seemed so calm her down a bit. I rang the doorbell and it instantly goes quirt, the voices from my family had stopped, about thirty seconds later the door swings open and my nan appears. I couldn't help but squeal and jump to her for a hug. she hugged me tight, like really tight. I was starting to lose the ability to breathe but I didn't care hadn't seen this woman in a few years.

G - ahhh nan I missed you!! I almost yelled.

V- AW missed you too, she released me from her bone crushing hug to look at me, my god you have grown up so much!

G - nan I'm sure you have been stalking me on google.

V - yeah but its different in personanyway who's your friend. she said gesturing toward demi. while we all stepped into the hallway.

G - oh right sorry, demi this is my nan Vanessa, nan this is my girlfriend demi. Demi's head snapped towards mine, what I ain't gunna hide it, they all already know about my sexuality and they've met my last girlfriend so what's the difference.

V - pleasure to meet you demi, and call me nessa or nan if you'd like.