Chapter 45: The one with the talk

Alexander continued to sleep deeply, practically feeling himself sink into the mattress. He woke up in the morning from the light in his bedroom.

By then, George was already up and cooking breakfast. Like he always had before.

Alexander made his way down the stairs, rubbing his eyes. "Hi...."

He glanced back at Alexander. "Good morning." He flipped the bacon in his pan. 

"That smells really good." He giggled, walking over.

George smiled over at him. "I figured you'd want a good breakfast."

"You're doing so much for me..." he sighed.

"Hey, hey. Somebody needs to take care of you." He shrugged and flipped an egg. "Might as well be me."

Alexander giggled. "Thank you.." he walked back over to the table.

"How many eggs do you want?" he asked, glancing back at him. "I can make them over easy or I can scramble them"

"2 is fine. And may I please have them scrambled?" he requested.

"You got it." He cracked two eggs into a bowl, radiating a serenity he hadn't had in years.

"Thank you," he said in advance, tapping his foot.

Soon enough, he brought him his plate, along with some orange juice.

Alexander giggled lightly, already taking a bite of his eggs.

George went to work on his own breakfast just as Alexander's phone went off with a notification.

The immigrant frowned, picking up his phone and checking the notification.

It was, of course, Thomas. "Have you decided you're gonna get over it?"

Alexander looked at the phone before turning it off and putting it down.

When he didn't get a response, he texted Jemmy. No response from him. Nor when he texted Monroe. So, Thomas scowled and texted Alexander again. "If I say I did something wrong, will you forgive me?"

He hesitantly picked up the phone again, typing. 'It depends. What did you do wrong, Thomas.' 

Thomas groaned and didn't respond for a minute. Finally, he sent back, "I don't know. Was it the hit?"

There was a pause before he responded. "You should know, Thomas."

"Alex, I'm gonna be honest. I'm not used to this while 'being wrong' thing. Just tell me what part you're mad about and I'll apologize and it'll be alright."

"... No. It will not be alright!! You punched me! Boyfriends don't hit their boyfriends! For any reason!!! But look what you did!!!"

"Alright, alright. Just come back so I can put something over that bruise. There's a bruise, right?"

"No no no no no. I'm not coming back over! I'm staying with Washington. He's taking care of me now. Not. You."

He shot back with a scowl, "Is his mattress as good as mine?" He already regretted sending the message.

Alexander felt his heart stop for a second as he read that message. He didn't respond, slamming the phone down on the table.

As Washington sat down at the table, he asked, "Are you alright, son?"