Chapter 35: The one back in school / locker room part 2

Once Alexander arrived home, he ran into his bedroom, and straight onto his bed, and just cried. He let tears fall down onto his pillow.

John went home and listened to his mother chew him out for about five minutes before going to bed. He texted Herc to tell him he wouldn't be going to school.

After an hour, Alexander wiped his tears, then stood up, and walked around his apartment, before beginning to walk out, realizing he left his bag at school. He walked towards the school.

Hercules and Laf were waiting out front, both looking very concerned, and also sort of sick, on Laf's part.

Alexander walked to the school, his head down. he didn't bother even looking up at Hercules or Lafayette. He just walked past them.

Herc reached out and grabbed his hand. "Wait up."

Alexander whipped his hand away, grumbling something under his breath.

"Oh! Oh, shit. Alright," Herc said, following Alexander at a safe distance. Laf walked with Herc, almost shaking with concern.

Alexander walked faster, through the hallway. He didn't want to talk to anyone. He eventually got to his locker and opened it.

They didn't try to talk to him. Laf wanted to, but Hercules held him back. So they just hung by.

Alexander grabbed his textbooks, then quickly walked over to his class.

They went to their own classes, though they wanted to follow him. 

Alexander rested his head on his desk, wanting to shut out the whole world.

Washington really wanted to ask him if he was okay, but he didn't bother him. He wouldn't know how to ask, anyway. He didn't bring up the police report, either.

The second the class was over, Alexander stood up and began to leave the classroom. The information that Washington had told him went through one ear but came out of the other.

Washington watched him go, trying not to succumb to the anxiety in his core. He knew he had absolutely no right to worry about Alexander like this, but he did.

Alexander went out to his locker, putting his textbooks in. 

And of course, this was when Aaron Burr approached and said, "Have you heard about Jefferson? I heard he pissed off somebody's boyfriend."

Alexander looked to the ground. "Rather not fucking talk about him." He hissed, slamming his locker, and then beginning to walk towards the gym.

"You? Offering to talk less? I'm in for that." Burr followed him. Because Burr had no clue how to take social cues, no matter how much he wished he could.

Alexander growled audibly as he walked into the gym locker room.

"You're angrier than usual. What? Did your computer delete something?" Aaron was still after him.

"How about you shut up, Aaron!" Alexander turned around to face him.

Aaron stumbled back, hands raising in a surrendering way. "Alright. Alright. But maybe you should learn to control yourself?"

Alexander glared at him, before going over to change out of his normal clothes and into his gym clothes. He didn't bother looking into his peers' eyes.

Aaron's next class wasn't gym, so he took a right and left Alexander alone. He was sort of pissed, though, that Alexander was mad at him.

Alexander was quick to change into his gym clothes. He then quickly walked out to the gym. He looked up to the bleachers... expecting Thomas to be there... he wasn't.